Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nice winter jacket (probably). HOW MUCH???
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

That’s cheap.

How about this:

Lars Monsen Parka

tall_martin

At least parka looks like you can survive in it when walking to the pub ; )

joepud
    Free Member

I got my eye on an Arcteryx Parka, but right now im like do I really want to spend 600 on a jacket when im spending so much time at home. https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/mens/therme-parka. Come to realise over the years jackets are crazy expensive. Last one cost me like 300 quid and lasted me about 5 or 6 years.

matt_outandabout

Amatuer. Add in the Salopettes to this baby for full cost.
    https://www.hellyhansen.com/en_gb/aegir-ocean-jacket-30335

footflaps

It’s black though. I just don’t get black winter jackets – it’s dark, damp, poor visbility and you want to ride on the roads dressed as tarmac….

Even Rapha has eventually branched out into brighter colours, just bought their Orange winter jacket…

slowoldman

But it “comes to life with high-output efforts”.

CountZero

That Lars Monsen parka is a serious piece of kit, £1247 is expensive, but if you’re spending any sort of time in Arctic conditions, your actual survival depends on not skimping on the quality of your gear. Anyway, there are people on here who’d think nothing of paying that, or more, on a set of wheels; I’ve certainly spent a lot more on a bike!

FuzzyWuzzy

Assos winter kit is a good safety device, you literally can’t afford to crash :p

mogrim

It’s black though. I just don’t get black winter jackets – it’s dark, damp, poor visbility and you want to ride on the roads dressed as tarmac….

Yeah, but in an orange jacket you’re not going to look anything like as cool when you’re sipping your latte in the café while staring moodily out the window at your Pinarello, are you?

footflaps

Yeah, but in an orange jacket you’re not going to look anything like as cool when you’re sipping your latte in the café while staring moodily out the window at your Pinarello, are you?

You’ve just crushed my soul…

I’d even bought a matching Orange Pinarello Dogma F12 to use as a winter bike…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nice winter jacket (probably). HOW MUCH???’ is closed to new replies.