Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nice coastal stay near Cardiff next week
  • jkomo

We normally pop to Woolacombe for Feb hols, for beach and coastal walks and general by the sea fix.
    This year eldest son is visiting Cardiff Uni, so we could do a 2 or three day break nearby.
    I have no knowledge whatsoever of the area. Has anyone got any ideas near a nice bit of coast but with pubs near.
    Dog friendly as well.
    Cheers

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The Kings Head Lllangennith ticks all the boxes.

BigJohn

Penarth, Barry Cowbridge Southerndown and Monknash are all places we go to.

Monknash is our favourite. There’s a splendid pub, Plough & Harrow, a splendid isolated beach 20 minutes walk down the cwm, and the coast path.

ferrals
    Free Member

Monknash is a great walk and pub, not sure its enough for multiple days though; having said that a walk round Ogmore and up the estuary is quite different. If you actually want to spend time on the beach, the vale beaches are a bit silty; so driving the hour to Gower could be worthwhile.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Not even sure what year it was now (2006? Maybe as late as 2008?), but we stayed at http://www.acorncamping.co.uk/ in Llantwit Major. Lovely coastal walk and nature reserve nearby.

Twodogs

having been brought up in Ogmore, and now living on Gower, I’d say there’s more variety of landscapes on Gower, and more interesting walking to be done, from cliff walks on the south, big beach walk at Rhossili (or Llangennith) to dunes/woods at Whiteford Burrows (which is always quiet)

jkomo

Some great ideas, thanks, I’ll get googling.

molgrips
    Free Member

Gower is a pain to get to though, will take you 1.5 probably.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nice coastal stay near Cardiff next week’ is closed to new replies.