Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nexus 7 and Garmin 500
  • jlc
    Free Member

Just wondered if anybody had managed to connect the nexus 7 and garmin 500 together to uploads rides onto strava and download routes?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I haven’t but I have found this guy to give good advice in the past so this may be worth a read DC Rainmaker

Haze

No joy here, would love to know if this is possible…

CraigW
    Free Member

Depends on what version of Nexus 7. It seems they don’t support USB mass storage devices as standard. So you will need some extra app.
    You could try Nexus Media Importer (costs a few quid). Or Stickmount (free, but requires rooting the Nexus). Then these will let you copy files on or off the Edge.

So you can then upload/download files manually to the Strava website. Or try Sportablet, which can read the files and send direct to Strava and Garmin Connect etc.

Haze

Been a while since I tried it, IIRC had some success with getting the file off the Edge using a OTG cable but was a bit of a headache and certainly a lot more hassle than just firing up the PC…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup. I do it a lot. I use an OTG lead and use Total Commander with a free USB stick plug in to move the .fit files to the nexus and then upload to the strava website. Going via the strava app seems impossible to me but you can view it there once its up. Sounds complicated but only takes seconds.

jlc
    Free Member

Many thanks for the post eddiebaby, just managed to do it, and works well. Thanks ever so much.

Haze

Just revisited this, I can get the fit file onto my Nexus but Strava won’t recognise it using upload from file.

What am I missing?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Are you uploading to the website or the Strava app? I can’t make the app work so upload to the Strava website.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just done it again, Strava websitew, upload from file, it gives an option list for choosing the file, go to documents and then I use Total Commander to select the .fit file and away it goes.

Haze

Website not app, still getting “failed to open selected file”.

Tried renaming etc but no luck…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 7 and Garmin 500’ is closed to new replies.