Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Nexus 5
  • cp

So, now it’s official, who’s going for one. Looks like the 4 is going to continue at 16Gb at 199.

16gb 5 at 299. Possibly a 32gb at 339 but not yet on play

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

Who’s going for one?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Trying not to. I don’t NEED one but I WANT one.

daveh
    Free Member

And the sexy black/white one? Really tempted but the 32gb is really the one to go for isn’t it.

jamiep
    Free Member

Thank god. I’ve been waiting other a month for this after my Galaxy S2 knacked

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

White 32gb is now up. Very tempted.

daveh
    Free Member

Done it, white 32gb, I’m such a consumerist sucker!

jamiep
    Free Member

Done. Just the 16GB, and in sensible black – I have an aversion to all things Apple or even Apple-like, spurred on just by iTunes screwing up my music catalogue once (and only once! deleted it after that!)

deviant
    Free Member

Looks great, I’ll wait until after Christmas and see if the 16gb version comes down in price some more…. Although at £299 it’s already undercutting all it’s rivals!
    The 4.4 OS looks great too, just read about the changes to the dialler…. Basically if a number comes in that isn’t recognised on your contacts list it gets run through Google Maps to match it to any businesses in the area and then shows you who is calling…. likewise they have now integrated search into the dialler so you can now start to type a word, business etc that isn’t in your contacts and Google’s database will match it to local services, businesses etc based on what is local to your location and what your Google search history indicates you might be looking for… without having to open the browser, use a search engine in the traditional sense etc etc.
    Google’s information database and mapping software is awesome, a paranoid person may find some of this uncomfortable and I can understand that view too.

MrNutt
    Free Member

why would you buy one of those over say, an iPhone 5s?

daveh
    Free Member

Black 16gb selling fast!

kimbers

Well for a start Mr nut its a couple of hundred quid cheaper !

And my nexus4 does everything my wife’s iPhone 5 does but betterer ie calendar, music, google docs, browser etc

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A saving of £300 over the iphone. It’s a no brainer really.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Limber’s beauty lies within the grasp of the beholder?

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the 4.4os will work on the Nexus 4?

allthepies
    Free Member

It will, should be available in the next few days…

nickjb
    Free Member

I suspect they are holding off the release of 4.4 for nexus 4 while they sell a few 5s

Its half the price and better specced before you even get to the benefits of android.

Entonox
    Free Member

Looking for a replacement for my S2.
    Anyone know how this compares to a Galaxy S4?

Seem very similar, size, weight, screen size. Dual core processor vs the S4 quad core. IPS vs Super AMOLED screen.

I really like the idea of a clean android phone without all the pre-installed Samsung crap.

Cheers

edhornby

I have a 4 and it’s flippin great,

a clean android phone without all the pre-installed manufacturer guff

is a great reason, you get a very googlist view but it all works and it doesn’t bitch and moan if you need to interface with something non-google (unlike mrs Ed’s iphone which is unhelpful expensive crap)

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Why does it have a Halls Effect sensor? Telling when lumps of metals are near?

nickjb
    Free Member

Why does it have a Halls Effect sensor? Telling when lumps of metals are near?

Possibly for accessories. You could have a case that knows when it is open or closed. I’m sure there are some other clever applications

mikewsmith
    Free Member

well I have another year left on my S3, but might duck out early for one of these in a few months. Will have to see if 4.4 comes out for the rest of us.

sam_underhill

Damn. No kit kat for my galaxy nexus. Might have to take the plunge.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mind you the lack of expandable memory is still frustrating along with the good old apple tactic of charging an excessive amount for 16gb of flash memory.

Apart from that the specs look good.

kimbers

a microsd slot would be ace, that way i could ditch my ipod and never have to deal with itunes again ever, how they manage to make it so much worse with every new version is beyond me!

other than that my Nexus 4 has been brilliant and i dont miss the extra memory at all

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

FWIW, the android skin that Sony put onto their Xperias is nice, much better than Samsung’s awful (bloatware) attempt, as it changes little you can’t disable but adds plenty of nice little widgets and features.

IHN

32gb ordered. Lovely.

daveh
    Free Member

Mine dispatched this afternoon, guess it’ll be with me Monday 🙂

Bimbler
    Free Member

Didn’t need one, but bought a black 32gb – being delivered today. Hats off to Google for a seemless launch after the N4 debacle

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

mine just arrived. I haven’t got a sim for it but it arrived 90% charged so have started playing. First thing it wants to do is download a 139mb update…

miketually
    Free Member

First thing it wants to do is download a 139mb update…

I’ve seen an update being needed when first bought mentioned online. They must have tweaked the OS between manufacture and sale.

Shorty12
    Free Member

Does a nexus 4 take a standard sim?

kimbers

no it takes a teeny one microsim?

anyone know when the new OS update will be out for the 4?

muggomagic

I’d be very interested to know what the camera is like on the N5. It was the one thing that bugged me about the N4, as it always seemed to struggle with a moving subject and anything but good light.

Bimbler
    Free Member

It’s meant to be a bit meh

Google Nexus 5 – Camera

Hopefully software curable.

holster
    Free Member

Why are some people paying £340+ for a 16gb N5 on ebay, when they only cost £299 from the Play Store? Is it because they have sold out on the Play Store and people want them straight away via ebay?

On this one, the final screenshot pic shows that it only cost the bloke £299 in the first place!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Google-LG-Nexus-5-16GB-Black-Unlocked-Brand-New-Boxed-w-Warranty/271312126097?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18217%26meid%3D2467939325610459871%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D8342%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D111205009509%26

cp

weird, the ebay fees must knock out any profit from that surely?

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I think many people just assume that because it’s on eBay it must be a good deal – either that or they get caught up in a bidding fury and don’t realise what they’re doing. Just look at the price second hand bike parts fetch, it’s often cheaper to buy brand new from CRC, etc.

scuzz
    Free Member

Are we reading the same review?

The Google Nexus 5 is the high-end Android phone bargain of the year.

😕

muggomagic

I believe he was referring to the camera.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Yeah I was talking about the camera.

Sweet phone isn’t it? So so smooth, almost Apple smooth (how do they do that?)

Although something was bothering me ever so slightly about KitKat, found this, as the fella says you won’t be able to “unsee” it

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 5’ is closed to new replies.