Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Nextie Wheelsets to UK
  • killswitch
    Free Member

Has anybody bought Nextie wheels into the UK ?

They now do TPP tax pre pay . On my potential order of about $1150 + $50 for custom solid painted graphics it’s about $70.

I’ve been in contact with them on Facebook messenger and all my questions been answered pretty fast (within 12 hours) .

As my order contains 2 custom things on my order (solid paint and outline graphics) and red pro 4 hubs . Neither can be chosen on ordering as Can only order rims with outlined graphics and the hub options has no colour options either .

They have now stated it would be easier for me to email them my order and they will then send me a PayPal invoice .

Is this safe ?

On saying all this there is 1 supplier in UK that can order them in traverse bikes . But then seem more expensive and there is 6-8 weeks delivery where direct from Nextie and there new TPP it’s 2-3 weeks .

Ps would of loved to have chosen the i9 hubs in red but they only do them in purple .

I’m ordering premium 29 34mm inner and enduro wrapped for more strength (adds 30g) and Also the colour I want is solid red with gold outline .

Wheels seem to be a bargain for carbon wheels as it works out to be just under £1k

Then I can sell the Roval traverse carbon wheels I’ve got on my Stumpjumper expert as been told the hubs are trash .

killswitch
    Free Member

Anyone ?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Can you be a sensible boy and just order them in black? If so, do that.

ThePinkster

Then I can sell the Roval traverse carbon wheels I’ve got on my Stumpjumper expert as been told the hubs are trash .

No idea about Nextie wheels (new name to me) but if the rims are OK but e hubs rubbish on the Rovals wouldn’t it be a lot simpler just to lace the rims you have to new hubs, something like Hope or DT?

Not as exciting as new wheels I’ll admit, but probably a lot quicker & potentially less hassle.

Northwind

killswitch

Some roval hubs are trash, some are DT240 internals and fantastic, depends on the exact model. I can’t find any info on your bike but it’s worth investigating more, considering hte spec of the bike it’d be a bit of a pisstake if they didn’t get the good ones.

But even if they do turn out to be the cheap heavy ones- why replace the entire wheels just because of that? Swapping the hubs, or probably just the rear hubs as even cheap fronts are usualyl decent, would cost a fraction as much

Tracey

Running quite a few sets of carbon wheels, mostly 29er. Apart from the Roval Traverse all the others have been hand built on Hope or DT Swiss hubs. Never had a problem with any of the hubs. If anything the Rovals run smoother than the Hopes. Only small niggle on the Rovals are the straight pull spokes and the spokes could do with been a bit beefier.

damascus
    Free Member

What Northwind said.

Or, no, they are nasty wheels, I will take them off your hands dirt cheap! 😏

Tracey

Just split a 650b S Works Stumpjumper and the Rovals are going up for sale when I can get round to it as I dont have a bike they will fit.
    They have been rebuilt with stronger DT spokes by 18 Bikes.

mattyfez

They have now stated it would be easier for me to email them my order and they will then send me a PayPal invoice .

Is this safe ?

When I ordered my light bicycle wheelset that’s pretty much how I did it.
    Several emails back and forth regarding layup and spoke count, hub choice etc.
    Once the spec was agreed/finalised they emailed me a link to pay via PayPal.

Guess it’s a similar sketch with nextie?
    Light bicycle have a number of ‘pre configured’ builds on the website but for example you can’t choose between cross country, all mountain or downhill strength carbon lay up for a particular wheelset .. Fine to order on the site if your just ordering one of thier preconfigured ‘standard’ builds, not so much if you want more bespoke options.

mattyfez

For example I was going to go with XC spec carbon and 28 spokes as I wanted a really lightweight set, but over some email conversations about my weight and riding style they talked me into all mountain spec carbon lay up with 32 spokes.

Daffy

I’ve done this with Nextie 3 times in the past when ordering rims from their clearance section.

All have arrived just fine.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Have you tried Travers bikes?
    I believe they distribute them and can do custom options.
    UK based but known for their titanium frames.
    They have a lot listed on their website.
    Max.

simondbarnes

Have you tried Travers bikes?

Maybe try reading the 1st post 🙂

killswitch
    Free Member

The hubs on the traverse are cheap OEM and NOT DT internals . they weigh alot too and known for cracking . i havent used the wheels yet so they are still new .

Northwind

Some roval hubs are trash, some are DT240 internals and fantastic, depends on the exact model. I can’t find any info on your bike but it’s worth investigating more, considering hte spec of the bike it’d be a bit of a pisstake if they didn’t get the good ones.

But even if they do turn out to be the cheap heavy ones- why replace the entire wheels just because of that? Swapping the hubs, or probably just the rear hubs as even cheap fronts are usualyl decent, would cost a fraction as much

killswitch
    Free Member

some of you saying get new hub Say DT siwss ..i would have 240s £240 , plus relaced with new spokes £50-60 .. thats £300 , then the 54T ratchet thats another £70 .. thats £370 just for a hub change .. i get the nextie wheels they inlcude the 240s both front and rear and come with 54t and PILLAR PSR X-Tra 1420 .

sell the Roval wheels £500 they are worth that all day long .. my outlay is then only £480 for new wheels 2 x DT swiss hubs , 54t .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Nextie Wheelsets to UK’ is closed to new replies.