Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Next marketing cycling sales pitch
  • scotroutes

I thought XC, Trail, All Mountain, Enduro and Downhill was enough segmentation of what I’d define as mountain biking. Of those, I’ve never actually heard anyone say the words “All Mountain”.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

More baskets on the front of bikes.

speccyguy
    Free Member

I hope it’s ‘bikes’.

Just regular, get you round, maybe carrying something but not much, not ever so far, not ever so fast. Maybe when the ground is damp, maybe when visibility is low. Definitely when you’re wearing clothes, or even if you’re not. Nice to look at but not fancy. Durable and simple, lightweight, ish.

Bikes.

tthew

Just regular, get you round, maybe carrying something but not much, not ever so far, not ever so fast.

Seen that vintage bike thread? CargoLite. Much better than a ‘bike’

didnthurt

After chatting to someone at work and hearing more folk on the radio/podcasts etc taking up cycling but not wanting to buy into the whole Lycra and bicycle specific clothing and shoes. The next big marketing change could be the rebrand and redesign of the hybrid bike. Makes sense, an affordable bike that looks nice and comes with things like colour co-ordinated built in mudguards and Dynamo lights. A bit like the old bikes our grandparents rode about on just more modern.

tjagain

didnthurt

That sounds like the bikes used all over europe. Most bikes use in mainland europe especially in the low countries and germany come with full mudguards and chainguards, upright riding positions and built in dynamo lights and all but the very bottom end bikes have hub gears

damascus
    Free Member

I’ve found it!

So fly… https://stumbler.com/v/k3h91OM/?s=s

matt_outandabout

ToughTour bikes – Merge gravel with a ’90’s MTB, luggage, short travel fork, 2.1 tyres, touring bars.

SuperPop – tough built but shorter travel MTB for added fun and pop, rather than hover bike in the gnar and chunder you have to actually pick a line. Think Orange ST4 in 29er LLS flava.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Next marketing cycling sales pitch’ is closed to new replies.