• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by geex.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Newish bike day! (Middle aged man in imminent maiming content)
  • davosaurusrex

Following my other DJ bike threads here’s the nearly finished article. Might put a front brake on yet but the front Formula needs a bleed or something first. DMR roller is only wide enough for a standard chain, not a half link so that needs some dremel work

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Was planning on shortening the forks from 160 to 120 but……I like the bar height as same as my FS, I also like the stance with the sloping top tube but 160 is way too long for a DJ, even with compression high and lots of pressure right? BTW, that question is purely for Gary/geex, he’ll be along in a no and none of you chumps no nuffink compared to him, McKay?

Also needs black cranks, I know.

jn49
    Free Member

How about some teak oil on that table?

davosaurusrex

Gave up on that years ago. The false widows wouldn’t like it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

lovely but not a DJ bike. Have fun though

davosaurusrex

Yeah I know but close enough for a knobber like me

geex
    Free Member

Hahahahhaah

Holy stanchions BATMAN
    looks awseome for wheelying around smoking gange on tho 😉

You know when comparing bar height of two bikes you need to do it from BB. Not the ground? 😉

and you do want a stiff fork that doesn’t dive deep into it’s travel. so yeah. lots of air in ’em. but no you don’t need tons of compression damping (adjust damping to taste, AFTER you’ve set up the spring stiffness). rebound to taste also. (I’d er on the side of faster rather than slower)

If the BB height isn’t too high and the HA isn’t too slack and the bars genuinely aren’t too high. they def look it 😉 that long (160mm travel) axle to crown is fine. even if it does look terrible 😉
    always adjust bar height/roll for comfort standing on the pedals. pedals level. you wan them to feel neutral really. One key thing to learning good jumping technique is actually having a really neutral (but strong) position when hitting the lip.

FWIW I tend to like around a 12.5″ BB (with 2.2 DJ tyres) and 68-69deg HA on mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Newish bike day! (Middle aged man in imminent maiming content)’ is closed to new replies.