Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Newcastle City Hall “Stalls Standing”?
  • grtdkad

It’s many years since we were at the City Hall (as we now live in Malvern).

We’ve just bought gig tickets and they’ve come up as ‘stalls standing’.
    Have the new owners removed the seats in the stalls or is this a non-allocated Stalls access ticket? on the assumption that no one will be seated in any case?

Ta

slowoldman

Mosh pit?

grtdkad

The ticket options were Stalls Standing or Balcony Seated.
    So no seat allocation options given for downstairs at all.

Just a bit baffled – but it is 15yrs or so since I was last there. Can’t imagine them removing the seats (tho’ a fair few used to get damaged in the front rows back in the day 🤔).

Hopefully one of you will have been recently and can enlighten me?

hot_fiat

I thought part of the charm of the city hall was the little old lady ushers desperately trying to get people to sit down and not dance. Last gig I saw there was Thunder! in about 1998.

Have bad memories of that place: school prize giving evening was held in there. We were forced to learn the school song “there will be detention, with Mr Lane (Martyn, with a “Y”) & Mr Clarke in the music block for the non-compliant!” and perform it en-masse to our adoring parents. Pompous 19th century cobblers.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Only good memories for me ..so many 70’s groups seen there …but for the life of me I cant remember the last time I saw a gig there ..so no help from me OP ..Ive no idea ..

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Can’t help OP, but I’ll join in the nostalgia. Last time I was there was 1983 for ZZ Top and Jon Martyn (on separate bill obvs). How depressing.

johndoh
    Free Member

I once touched Angus Young at Newcastle City Hall. 15 year old me was a very happy boy.

grtdkad

🙄

…as long as it wasn’t the other way around Johndoh!

johndoh
    Free Member

🙂 but no. It was when they still did the carrying him on Brian Johnson’s shoulders and wander through the audience during ‘Let There Be Rock’ and he came right by me 🙂

grtdkad

Nudge for the evening shift.
    Anyone been to the City Hall recently for a gig – were there seats downstairs or do / can they remove them all?

grtdkad

I’ve had an email back from the City Hall, yes, apparently they remove all of the seating from the stalls for some gigs. That’s new!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Newcastle City Hall “Stalls Standing”?’ is closed to new replies.