Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • New XTR is shocking!
  • Cheezpleez

I am soooooooo not interested. For me there is zero benefit. Just give me a bike that works and that I can fix when it goes wrong.

This is just another opportunity to spend my weekends trying to convince a robotic customer service operative that, yes, I have been through the online troubleshooting guide and, yes, I have checked with my ISP that the problem setting up my gears is nothing to do with my router settings or the browser I’m using.

This is pretty much what I ride bikes to get way from. I dread the trickle down.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member

Shimano do have a patent on a jockey wheel based charger

Care to share link to said patent? I’m interested in this.

thelostboy

Sui – Member
    STW finest beer swilling storm troopers…

Someone needs to put this on some T-shirts 😀

Northwind

D0NK – Member

what’s the appeal of wireless?

No wires

I’d be well up for this tbh but expensive mechs are not for me. If they made them fully rebuildable that’d maybe make it realistic, a sealed motor unit and everything else can be torn off and destroyed at will.

epicyclo

honeybadgerx – Member
    Just a matter of time before they go completely cable-less at the top end I reckon…

[RetroLudditeSSMode] Hmm, there’s quite a few of us on here who have had that benefit for many years, and managed to skip the problems of 9/10/11spd. [/RetroLudditeSSMode] 🙂

nickc

skip the problems of 9/10/11spd.

There aren’t any as far as I’m aware

trail_rat
    Free Member

Do the xc pros need the extra range provided with a 2by setup? surely they are all ruining 1by??

Reminds me of a nationals where the course designers saw fit to incorporate a gert big steep hill , alot of the riders not running a granny had a right old moan at the riders rep who iirc was none other than mr nick craig.

Who said something along the lines of Well if you werent so obsesed with weight over functionality you would have just used your granny ring.

padkinson
    Free Member

mr nick craig.

Who said something along the lines of Well if you werent so obsesed with weight over functionality you would have just used your granny ring.

And Nick is now running 1×11. Funny that…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Exclusively ? You think he wasnt running 2×9 as was fashion back then – and just viewed the course and threw his granny back on ? ( because you could easily)

Im sure a nice 1x 11 xtr di2 wouldnt just be a case of throwing on a granny ring- infact shimano would just make it so out of devilment 🙂

padkinson
    Free Member

I just don’t think that anyone needs more than one chainring on the front (except for some mad extreme marathon fatbike event in the Himalayas or some shit) with the wide range cassettes that are available now. So that point that people might need a granny ring isn’t really valid anymore (in my opinion).

Out of interest, where was the course? 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

This is pretty much what I ride bikes to get way from. I dread the trickle down.

you know, here’s a little secret for you…

If you don’t like it, you don’t actually have to buy it!

Amazing concept, I know…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

mechanical shifters in stock at CRC – anyone seen any other bits available?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘New XTR is shocking!’ is closed to new replies.