Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Washing Machine
  • dessie72

Washing machine sadly passed away last night 🙁 started the search for a replacement today, anybody bought one recently/recommend one please?

bren2709

Was told to get a Siemens, this was from a friend who owns Northern Vacuums in Carlisle.
    Quality made in Germany.

iolo
    Free Member

Miele are good

bren2709

This is what I bought

Was told that Bosch are German owned but built in Spain so quality ain’t as good, due to cheaper grade components used.

Iolo – did you buy a Miele?

CaptainSlow

Miele are well worth the extra IMO. You don’t need one with all the bells and whistles. Have a look around, occasionally they can be had for £5-600. Cheapest I can see at the mo is this one – http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/laundry-dishwashers/washing-machines/miele-w3164-edition-111-washing-machine-white-21307841-pdt.html

Mines about 5 y/o now (cost £550). Parents is 18 y/o and has had one problem costing approx £200 fix. Quieter and generally more reliable.

moniex
    Free Member

Miele. We bought the “cheapest” one available about 12 years ago and no matter what I try it won’t break. I put in anything that fits through the door….. It does 10/15 loads per week.

Had a Bosch for a bit before that, but that was forever breaking down. Piece of rubbish that was.

Frankers
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 x Siemens that didn’t last well, I’ve had 1 x Miele that is lasting really well

Spud

Killed a couple of Bosch. Went for Miele this time, 10 year warranty too which is one benefit of the high price.

Gilesey
    Free Member

Miele – it’s about the most expensive, but buy one and forget about having to think about buying another WM for at least the next 10 years.

ratadog

If you are going cheaper we have had more mileage than expected from a series of Indesits and recently reinvested in another. So far so good. Having had a mixture of expensive and cheaper brands in the past there seems to be no obvious correlation between cost and durability. Indesits seem to last as long as anyones and their dishwashers have been particularly impressive (averaging 9+ years apiece so far).

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Only 10 yrs out of a Miele? I got a bottom of the range Bosch in about 1998 and it’s still going strong. It cost me about £230 at the time. It doesn’t exactly get an easy time too. Never had a problem with it. My dad’s had an indesit one even longer. The key I think is not to use the 60 degree setting. That seems to kill off washing machines.

bigblackshed

Siemens.

dessie72

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences of washing machines, very much appreciated by myself and Mrs.Dessie 😉

allfankledup

The hotpoint washer drier purchased in 1996 only lasted 15 yrs

Sounded like a jet plane taking off towards the end. I think the laundry from the third kid killed it.

Bought a Miele to replace it – which is v.good. Can’t say that it’s stopped the mrs shrinking my clothes any…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Washing Machine’ is closed to new replies.