Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 158 total)
  • Peee eSSSS Ayyyyy Top Gear this Sunday – Jezzer rides a bike this week…
  • scandalous
    Free Member

Act your age, get a car!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Oh dear. I’m only watching this so I can have some background tomorrow. I absolutely despair.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

SOH required tonight!

At least Boardman can take a joke! Love the price tags flapping around.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

its filmed on a sunday for the London bit, to quiet !

wingnuts

Did you apply toothpaste as a yoof? Not heard that before.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Bloody glad I don’t ride in London though

ThePinkster

OK the start of the article wasn’t very funny but it’s highlighting some very good points at the moment.

Stoner
    Free Member

I love riding in London and much as they ham everything else up, bus drivers are generally some of the better drivers on London Street s. And of course good riding keeps you out of conflict with them as with any other road users

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

They are spot on about bus drivers though. There are some right misanthropists behind the wheel in those bloody great things

wingnuts

London riding is fine, a sight safer than negotiating all the potholes around here.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hmmm, I think I’d rather watch a compilation of “Star In A Reasonably Priced Car”, even the one with Geri Haliwell.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yes – I can see that there were some ‘small issues’ with their lane positioning. It’s just not funny though – they’ve got the opportuntity to get a message across to x million drivers in the UK and they’re just pissing about. I *know* that’s the TG way, but still…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

proper lol at the ‘read and green, learn the difference’!

Stoner
    Free Member

Righteousness lol!

warton
    Free Member

personally, given the recent spate of deaths on London’s road, this is ill thought out, in bad taste, and essentially, not very funny.

surprised Boardman put his name to it to be honest.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

what do people expect, every other “Ad” they done in the past, they taken the piss and come up with stupid ideas etc.

Why would any one think it be any different?

I do think is has been some real funny moments,
    Armstrong poster and I real think the RED and Green one was very good and I think they should air it!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

warton – Member
    personally, given the recent spate of deaths on London’s road, this is ill thought out, in bad taste, and essentially, not very funny.

surprised Boardman put his name to it to be honest.

This. And then some.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio – Member

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO #

+1

I was worried it wouldn’t be a pi$$ take.

wingnuts

As warton says. Even my Mrs thinks its in bad taste.

bearnecessities

I really enjoyed it, it was funny, I laughed a lot, and it all led up beautifully to a serious point being made about how to treat cyclists.

.that wasn’t made?

EDIT: Just saying that it would have had a lot of the viewers on board, and it’s a shame that an opportunity missed really.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I ride in London every day of the working week. I found it funny. People really need to take Topgear for what it is – light entertainment with a lot of pisstaking and some bits about cars.

It was never going to be serious and I really don’t understand why people are getting their knickers tied up in knots about it

gonetothehills
    Free Member

MTB Rob – Member
    what do people expect

I expected hoped they might have taken the opportunity to talk to the x million car drivers (some of whom are doubtless cyclists too) that watch it and help things along a little. Not too much to ask?

It could probably have been done with a little wit but we’re ultimately talking about dead people here – sons, daughters, dads, mates – we’re not pissing about.

shifter
    Free Member

Bloke riding by in flames made me laugh.

hora
    Free Member

I think JC stopped liked driving in his 30’s. I was a big fan of his column in the early 90’s.

If I ever meet him I will slap him like a village idiot.

I love cars. I also want my son to cycle, drive and ride motorbikes but I truly think he and the two others are self-serving pricks.

Edric64
    Free Member

It was really funny the whole show is pisstaking and light hearted entertainment

project
    Free Member

again LOL.

well filmed as per usual,funny,and well edited,and at leat it got cycling onto mainstream tv that will be shown round the world

cynic-al
    Free Member

I struggled to find it funny, I wonder how many of the drivers that comprimise my safety each week will feel their attitudes vindicated?

Too many cycist deaths for this to be funny IMO – no shame for me in not “having a prespective” if that’s what it gets called.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Maybe there were two versions of the show aired and I got the one that wasn’t amusing.

Harry_the_Spider

I like miss argyll socks

Nice. Shame the cycling bit was such a mess.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So by the same logic, they should never do anything funny about cars, ‘cos people are killed in those way too often as well?

It’s just supposed to be a bit of fun

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

RustySpanner

In what way was it fun?

warton
    Free Member

So by the same logic, they should never do anything funny about cars, ‘cos people are killed in those way too often as well?

showing a squashed bike, in the gutter, to get a cheap laugh in a feature about cycling in london is hardly funny.

Markie
    Free Member

Burma special looks good to me!

Also liked the red / green and thought their final ‘serious’ bike film was a reasonable one – and Boardman et al must have known what was coming their way.

Houns

Want that Porsche and that Mclaren

bearnecessities

Before this gets WAY out of control (and I’ve witnessed a very good friend go over the bonnet of a ford sierra many years ago) – it was funny, right up until the point they missed making any serious point.

It strikes me more than anything, than a great, humorous build up to make a great point, wasn’t made, and therefore a bit of shitty piece of VT and a massively wasted opportunity.

RustySpanner

Which points in the last film did you consider reasonable Markie?

cynic-al
    Free Member

To me Clarkson is the driver vs. cyclist version of “now I’m not racist but…”

That’s why it wasnt funny.

Harry_the_Spider

The Porsche film is what Top Gear does best. The whole Last Of The Summer Wine routine is getting a bit tired.

Markie
    Free Member

That lots of people cycle, that this means there aren’t those same lots of people in cars, that this reduces congestion, that cyclist need space.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Peee eSSSS Ayyyyy Top Gear this Sunday – Jezzer rides a bike this week…’ is closed to new replies.