Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New waist pack user feedback
  • nickfrog
    Free Member

After 10 years with a Mule, I got a Dakine Hot Laps 5L for both hydration and tools/tube.

It’s very pleasant as it gives more freedom of movement and less sweatyness.

Drinking is less intuitive as replacing the pipe back in position is still a bit hit and miss.

Overall it’s great though and I would recommend it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Agreed, I got the cheapish Evoc PSA one, great for MTB, family bike rides and even ran half a dozen hill races with it, rock solid due to having a nice big wide waist band and a half decent strap locking system.

qwerty
    Free Member

I use the Hot Laps 2 with a bottle on the bike, I really like it.

fathomer

I love my fanny pack, wouldn’t be without it. Still use a proper pack for big days or when the weather looks changeable and spare layers might be needed.

marksnook
    Free Member

Yeah it’s good eh! I have the 5l with the bladder for bigger days out and the smaller hot laps with the bottle for evening rides. Neither are too bouncy and sit well on my hips

dirkpitt74

I’ve got the Evoc one from the PSA earlier in the year.
    Even with the 1.5 litre bladder full I can still get multitool, small pump, snacks, keys, snacks and my Altura Mayhem 2 waterproof in it.

kiwijohn

Another fan of the Hotlap 5L. Just wish it could hold the chin guard from my helmet like my old Drafter can.

nickfrog
    Free Member

I must have have missed out on the Evoc PSA, how much was it? The Dakine 5L was £42 delivered

geomickb
    Free Member

+1 for the Hot Laps, no more sweaty back.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I must have have missed out on the Evoc PSA, how much was it? The Dakine 5L was £42 delivered

Not much cheaper tbh Nick, 30 quid or thereabouts.

martinhutch

I got myself a camelbak repack. Holds plenty, very comfortable. I use a bottle on the frame so took the bladder out for more room/less weight, but you’d easily get enough for a shorter ride in there even with a hydration bladder in there.

singlespeedstu

The Dakine 5L was £42 delivered

Where from please?

Poopscoop

Ditto here on the Evoc PSA. Liked it so much I bought the expensive bladder to go with it. Amazing what it can hold actually.

LAT

I have a camelbak, not sure what model but not the latest model.

Fit isn’t great but it is so much more pleasant to have my back open to the breeze that I really don’t mind.

I’ve often wondered if on a hot day i loose more fluid wearing a back pack than i actually carry.

nickfrog
    Free Member

The Dakine 5L was £42 delivered

Where from please?

It was with Sprocket Cycles 2 weeks ago but they don’t seem to list it anymore. I should have posted a PSA sorry, as this is better VFM than the Evoc at £38 without bladder and magnet, which the Dakine has as std.

colin9

I have a recent Camelbak Repack, really good. The fit works and I find it as secure as a backpack. It can get a little bouncy with a full bladder but that subsides once I’ve had a couple of drinks. Great to slim down for anything other than all day rides. I’ve had it a year and I’ve gone back to my Camelbak full pack only maybe once.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I am using a 30 year old Podsacs one had been discarded I attic, unloved. It does catch A LOT of muck that would other wise be sprayed up my back.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New waist pack user feedback’ is closed to new replies.