Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Trainers Time
  • jimster01

After a pair of trainers for the gym, preferably for cross-training, a bit of running but mainly weights. Currently using Skechers but want a firmer sole.

Any recommendations?

binners

jimster01

Thanks Binners, but wrong shade of pink. 🤦‍♂️

scuttler

Go and see the experts at JD Sports. They’ll sort you out in no time.

Robz
    Free Member

Nike Metcons – designed for CrossFit so they have good solid sole for squatting etc but also enable a bit of running (wouldn’t want to run a 10km in them but great for circuits/sprints/warm ups etc.)

I have been using these for a year or so now and they are great. Got mine cheap from DW Sports.

BillOddie

You want a Crossfit shoe really.

Nike Metcons are a good shout but also look at the Reebok Nano series (avoid the 7s), Speed TR and JJ One and JJ II.

My feet are Reebok shaped ie a bit wider and I get on better with the above Reeboks than my Metcon 2s, Though the Metcons are really nice to squat in but the Nano 8s are close behind.

For Plyos or if I’m going anywhere near a treadmill (a very rare occurrence) the Nanos or either of the JJs are best.

And Yes I do have a training shoe habit.

lunge

Metcons for cross fit, Pegasus for running. Decide where your priorities lie and go from there, both are fine shoes

jamesy01
    Free Member

Whenever I need new sneaks this is always my first port of call….
    Adidas_Outlet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Trainers Time’ is closed to new replies.