Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Swarf 155 build
  • gaidong
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

A mere eight months after my 40th birthday, here is my present fully built! I didn’t actually get the frame until December due to supply chain issues and Adrian got it to me as soon as he could. No excuses since then apart from a cold garage and general despondency but the result looks very nice indeed. (Apart from the Invisiframe, which is entirely my own fault and I don’t care anyway.) I think the build is pretty self-explanatory. The seatpost and saddle are shared from my Kingdom X2 and the fork had a bit of use on that bike at 140mm before changing to 160mm this morning. Test ride in the morning 😀 !

edd

Very nice!

chiefgrooveguru

That’s great – Adrian builds such nice frames, really thorough engineering.

gaidong
    Free Member

It might get it on the scales at work, not light but that’s the build as much as anything!

cb200
    Free Member

Lovely. Such great looking bikes. Is the 155 different to the Contour?

gaidong
    Free Member

@cb200, yes. I believe the Contour has 115mm travel and this model, as the name suggests, 155mm. Much beefier tubeset, though I’ve never ridden a Contour.

nickc

That looks amazing!

mboy
    Free Member

Nice clean build… But that saddle?!?! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Guessing you’re a strong rider… 👍🏻 10spd Saint is burly kit for sure, and I certainly couldn’t manage an 11-36 10spd cassette these days! I’m all for the 12spd with a crazy bailout gear… 😂

What size is it out of interest…?

fathomer

Swoon, though mboy had a very valid point about the saddle! Though whatever you find comfy I guess.

gaidong
    Free Member

@mboy, that’s an XL. I have ISM saddles on all my bikes, suffered from bleedin’ b@llz before!

matt_outandabout

Is that peak STW garden?

Nice bike. Real nice. 👍👊

gaidong
    Free Member

Her name (it is now gendered) is “Dreadnought”, decided within about 30 seconds of riding. She goes like a tank, or rather an Edwardian battleship.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Looks stunning. Swarf seems to be awkwardly shy about officially releasing these, not even a mention on their website.

By the way, how ware those Shimano Saint SPDs in the mud?
    Cheers

gaidong
    Free Member

@zezaskar, no idea I’m afraid, the ride to work was dusty!

Cheers

funkmasterp

That’s a lovely looking bike. Adrian sure does know how to make a frame that just looks right. The Contour is my favourite looking frame and that looks like it’s older, meaner sibling.

militantmandy
    Free Member

Starting to see more and more Swarfs in the Tweed Valley these days. Really good looking bikes. ALMOST as nice as my Starling 😉

bedfo
    Free Member

Hi All

Adrian from Swarf here! Nice to see positive comments on the frame, thank you!

I have been awkwardly shy about launching these properly! I’m dead set on making sure I’m fully ready before launching a frame and the first 10 showed that I wasn’t really ready. I need to produce these efficiently to make a sensible profit and that’s what I’ve been working on, boring production stuff… It’s a long slow road when there is only one person to sort things out and churn through back orders plus custom hardtails!

I’m going to be focusing on the full suspension frames in the future, the 155 and the updated Contour which will be renamed the 130. Both frames have metric shocks, room to fit piggyback shocks and modern geometry. I’ve spent a lot of time developing these bikes and I’m really excited to make them available! It’s not far off now.

Cheers

Adrian

bedfo
    Free Member

Should also add that there are hardly any shocks available at the moment due to the corona craziness, that’s also going to slow things down hugely in the next 12 months…..

chiefgrooveguru

“Starting to see more and more Swarfs in the Tweed Valley these days.”

Puddletown’s loss is Tweed’s gain!

jkomo

That looks ace.

funkmasterp

Can’t wait to see the updated Contour/130. One day I shall own one

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Swarf 155 build’ is closed to new replies.