Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • New Stooge frame coming springtime?
  • jupiter
    Free Member

Any news on this new frame? Will it be mk4 or a whole new frame based on ideas from the Dirtbomb?

Clink

Interesting question…

cokie

Andy’s new bars look rather nice!
    I’m enjoying his crazy concoctions he’s come up with in the last year.

bigblackshed

Andy has been teasing me with a high rise braced bar since the summer. The 85mm will be perfect to replicate my Stooge with front boing over to the rigid forks with a few spacers under the stem.

jupiter
    Free Member

So it is a mk4 with revised dirtbomb style geometry. If it could just be a bit lighter, 7lbs for frame only seems a bit porky. Look forward to more news.

nedrapier

Can anyone read the rise on the those bars? I thought the bottom one was 65mm, but the top one is 70, Bottom one 85, then?

Edit, found the image source page. 70 and 85.

https://scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/8ac044dec19e627b320afe469fcd5261/5CA004FA/t51.2885-15/fr/e15/s1080x1080/47692026_209650356580342_4035251069453291781_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com

nedrapier

Not sure if I’m man enough for 820mm bars, though. Butting looks like you can’t lop that much off the end before you’re into the thinnest tubing.

tazzymtb

there are a few new projects arriving next year. The Mk4 with new geometry, the Charlie Kelly signature klunk beast, new bars, braced klunker risers and a revamped ti taz-bah the new biplane forks for the steel speedball to make it a mental gravel machine, and the obviously the there are custom titanium dirtbomb and gravel bastard as well as the custom projects that Andy does such as titanium fat bikes etc..

Oh any one want the colosi built fatty R-buckle as Andy is clearing some of his special projects out so a very special fat bike is available.

macias
    Free Member

Wonder if steel klunker risers will be less than a kilo 😉 In any case I’m subscribed 😁

Is it too late to dream of normal dropper friendly seat tube?

Gotama
    Free Member

I’m hoping mk4 will be boost spacing as I have some 650 plus wheels lying around….

jupiter
    Free Member

66 degree head angle, 80mm offset biplane fork https://www.instagram.com/p/BrwwQvnl6eG/ 1 1/8 headset.I like it.

macias
    Free Member

Like it!
    Anybody able to decipher seat tube ID?

letmetalktomark

Drawing says 30.9 in the footer 😎

superstu
    Free Member

Sounds great. Really like stooge, hope it’s a hit.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Looks really really nice👌 not sold on the colour options though. Mind you I’d have everything plum crazier purple if I could.

sv

Mk4 is non boost 142.

cokie

Ordered mine with the Klunker bars.
    > Old school through axles (100 & 142)
    > 1 1/8th headtube
    > 30.9 post so you can run conventional droppers
    > Longer (624 ETT) & slacker (66′)
    > Massive clearance (29er+ front & 29×2.6″ rear)
    > 80mm offset biplane forks with everything mounts.
    > Lighter than previous iterations
    > £450 if you order now

Sounds like a winner to me! I’ll start amassing parts ready for delivery in May/June. Mine will be 29er+ front & 29er rear. Think I’ll get the bars or steel stem painted in the same colour as the frame.
    Not sure if i’ll go SS or geared. Biggest question is.. what colour! Has to be between Green & Blue.

Who else is in for the early bird order?

Clink

I’m very tempted…also confused as I was about to buy a Speedball.

austinburner
    Free Member

I was also lusting over a speedball, currently riding a mk2. Love the colour of the blue speedball & also that it has thru axles. Now I’ve looked at the mk4 spec, it looks like it has it all!! Damn

cokie

The only change for the Mk4 for me would be a choice of a Truss or Biplane fork.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Very tempted by the offer. Being a luddite I’ve like to be quick release as all my wheels are affixed that way. Just confirming with Andy what wheel sizes will work as I’d like to run what I have now on the Mk3 which is 29×3.0 front and 27.5×3.0 rear, but it might not work.

sv

Would be nice to see painted frames but Duster Blue is leading atm for me.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I’m also very tempted by this offer.

got to be blue for me.

any idea how long the pre-order will be available?

restlessshawn
    Free Member

Mk4 is tempting because I deserve a new bike this year…could be tempted by a mk1 or 2 frameset if anyone was planning to upgrade

cokie

@restlessshawn Second hand values on the Stooge are strong, it’s almost not worth it when the early bird is £450 and you get all the added benefits! This will be my third and i didn’t lose much when selling them.

@supersessions9-2
    I’ve asked Mr Stooge (Andy)- I’ll update the thread when he responds.

sv

@restlessshawn – I’ll be selling my Mk1 F&F, its blue.

restlessshawn
    Free Member

@cokie maybe this mk4 pre sale will bring prices down 😉

450 is a tempting bargain though

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I was very tempted, but its not boost unfortunately. (I have two sets of boost wheels)

cokie

@supersessions9-2 early bird deal running until end of Feb latest 👍

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Anyone else with a pre order getting a little excited yet?

Got some wheels to build for mine. But otherwise still gathering parts.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Any news on the new Stooge? Looking forward to hearing how they ride.

bikeytom
    Free Member

I keep hoping that Andy will come up with a road/gravel bike I can use as a commuter. My Mk.1 Stooge is the best bike I’ve ever owned and it’s still going strong but it’s an absolute porker on the way to work and back and all the alternatives just seem to be lacking a bit of character!
    If he could come up with a lighter 700c wheeled singlespeed gravel bike with stooge geometry for within the £1000 C2W limit I’d be all over it!
    Not that I’m complaining with the stuff he is designing mind, all brilliantly different; the Moto bars alone are excellent.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘New Stooge frame coming springtime?’ is closed to new replies.