• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by LAT.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New shock not holding pressure
  • cabbagegti
    Free Member

I have a brand new shock (CC DBAir CS) and I can’t seem to get it to hold pressure, it seems ok while static and even overnight.

I’ve submerged it in water but cannot see any air bubbles, it seems that when load is applied that’s when it leaks air. If I pump it to 130psi after 5-10 mins of riding it’s dropped to around 90psi

Otherwise the shock appears to work fine, it’s not getting sucked down or anything but it keeps requiring me to pump it up throughout the ride to maintain pressure.

I haven’t got a vice so haven’t pulled the air can off (as if to add spacers), could there be an obvious problem here?

Any ideas?

gotbike
    Free Member

Sorry if unhelpful but if it’s new with receipts I’d be looking at warranty. Not great if they’re gonna make you wait for a replacement though

poah
    Free Member

Return it as its new.

cabbagegti
    Free Member

Fair comments, I was hoping for a “quick win”, I’ll see how I go about returning it. Thanks!

poah
    Free Member

you could put a small amount of air in the shock so you can compress the shaft and try the water again

honourablegeorge

Have you checked the valve? Just see if you can tighten it with a valve tool, that might be your quick fix – failing that, send it right back

Tracey

The last one we had had a lock ring where the shaft went into the shock body, it could be tightened with a bottom bracket tool.
    No matter what we did it continued to come a bit loose and loose air. Evenymtually it was swapped under warranty for an Ohlins which never gave me any trouble

cabbagegti
    Free Member

That’s disappointing, I thought the quality issues had been sorted with these now… obviously not

LAT

it could be the negative chamber balancing. does the pressure continue to drop?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Bookmarked. Leaky fox.

cabbagegti
    Free Member

it could be the negative chamber balancing. does the pressure continue to drop?

I thought that initially too. But cycling the shock and topping up the air it just keeps dropping.

I’ll get in touch with the company and see if I can get a replacement, although it has put me off somewhat…

johnw1984
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be put off, it could happen to any shock. It might just be a folded or unseated seal inside that just needs replacing.

I sympathise though as it’s a right pain in the arse when stuff doesn’t work out of the box.

LAT

I thought that initially too. But cycling the shock and topping up the air it just keeps dropping.

that’s a pain. hope it gets sorted out painlessly and quickly.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New shock not holding pressure’ is closed to new replies.