• This topic has 151 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cokie.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • New Santa Cruz Bronson/5010/Blur (Nomad stylee)
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No, it’s new hub time unfortunately.

wrecker
    Free Member

Replacing or complimenting the Reign?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Not replacing!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Maybe I won’t be uploading the geometry. :-).

Anyone has a question to ask please email me.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh, and in the future companies ought to think twice about putting live pages on a website way in advance of a release date even if they don’t supply links as you only have to type in the wrong URL and all their secrets are unveiled…

fettlin

Blimey, the pics were up while I was at work now gone, boo!

Any ideas when the updated bikes are on sale?

tomhoward

Well, stif/jungle are having a demo day on Saturday…

Though I don’t think the new stuff is going to be there

honourablegeorge

eddiebaby – Member
    Oh, and in the future companies ought to think twice about putting live pages on a website way in advance of a release date even if they don’t supply links as you only have to type in the wrong URL and all their secrets are unveiled…

Yes, imagine all the internet buzz and excitement that would generate…..

RickDraper
    Free Member

Think I will have a Transition Scout. Longer reach than the Solo and probably £1400 cheaper. Plus my rear wheel will fit it.

scruff
    Free Member

Any one seen geometry changes on the heckler? It was a single pivot Bronson in porpoise, so if that’s changing…

tryert
    Free Member

Happy days, based on what I’m reading above I’ll be buying a solo C S medium as soon as it’s available. I’m tempted to hang on for a carbon scout but there’s no telling when that will appear. Also transition has yet to be tested in the carbon department so maybe SC is a safer bet frame-wise.

Missed all the links, is the new solo only available in blue and what type of blue is it? I have a 2015 Chameleon in bright blue/orange graphics which looks stunning but I’d not want two bikes in the same colour!

wrecker
    Free Member

Also transition has yet to be tested in the carbon department so maybe SC is a safer bet frame-wise.

Erm……

AlexSimon

The blue Solo pic is still on google images if you refine by ‘last 24 hours’.

zelak999
    Free Member

Missed all the links, is the new solo only available in blue and what type of blue is it?

It will also be available in a matte black and yellow.
    Blue is called ‘process blue’ but looks like the old SC seabright blue to me.

honourablegeorge

tryert – Member

Also transition has yet to be tested in the carbon department so maybe SC is a safer bet frame-wise.

They did make a rather lovely carbon Covert, although it wasn’t a light frame compared to the competition.

selaciosa
    Free Member

I’m sure they did think twice about putting it live 🙄

roverpig

Looking at the geometry for the new 5010; the ETT has increased by 1cm and the CS decreased by 1cm. So, the effect is to move the C0G of the rider back by 1cm (i.e. the thickness of my little finger). It’s hard to imagine that the effect will be dramatic (especially when standing up and moving around).

Stems will presumably be a bit shorter to compensate for the longer ETT, which will speed the steering up a bit. But then the HA is one degree slacker, which slows it down a bit.

Maybe the change of colour is the biggest change 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Is this it?

RickDraper
    Free Member

^ thats the solo.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ll be having one of those when I win the lottery

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I reckon the image will be gone shortly… like all the other ones

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I didn’t know if that was it, I’d remove it but it doesn’t let me.

That image is off a simple google search.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Edit.

sillyoldman

Got any Tallboy LT pics eddiebaby?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If it’s under and embargo STW will have signed something saying they won’t publish – there are lots of empty posts in here which have pic discussions after them. It’s part of how you do a full release – mate was on the Rocky Mountain DH launch, not allowed to talk about anything until they let it go but then everyone has their stories written ready to go.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice flip-flops Mosey

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha ha ha that’s the wife’s they were the wife’s, she was selling them.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The problem was that SC had pages up for the new bikes but hadn’t put the new links in place or added any permissions. A google search came up with an image and TBH once you know something is there and have a clue of where you can simply experiment with different URLs until you find what you want. It took all of 5 minutes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The problem was that SC had pages up for the new bikes but hadn’t put the new links in place or added any permissions

Yeah but every time one of those pics ends up on a site that has signed the form then it’s a potential black mark and telling off for the site owner. It’s that great problem with forums and the like.

gfrew88
    Free Member

Ive got a 2014 carbon 5010 XL for sale if anyone is interested its a great bike. XT build with kashima shock £2500.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    The problem was that SC had pages up for the new bikes but hadn’t put the new links in place or added any permissions

Yeah but every time one of those pics ends up on a site that has signed the form then it’s a potential black mark and telling off for the site owner. It’s that great problem with forums and the like.

I wasn’t aware of that. I shall amend my behaviour accordingly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s only my guess but it does explain why pics last about 30 mins throughout the thread – this being a Saturday somebody probably isn’t working. The Shimano 11sp stuff threads got wiped too when they had a leaked mockup ad in them.

tryert
    Free Member

Solo looks to be a great evolution of an already great bike especially if the build kits come with 140mm pikes. I hope the blue grows on me – the old orange was so much nicer. Generally the new solo and bronson colours aren’t great imo. What’s with that pink and yellow colourway!? Normally they look better first hand than in pics though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol the other legal point is it’s a 5010, solo is a Rocky Mountain CX bike 😉
    My mate actually found one and has it in the shop next to the SC Solo frame and got cracked.

zelak999
    Free Member

I wish they’d hurry up and make the announcement, I cant wait to get my hands on a new blue 5010.
    Chipps was/is in Downieville now for the press release….

chakaping
    Free Member

Was there any suggestion of an updated heckler too?

zelak999
    Free Member

Definitely a new Bronson and 5010, possibly a Tallboy LTc.
    Not sure about any others.

chakaping
    Free Member

Will probably be a couple of months behind, I’d imagine.

Don’t seem to see many of the current Heckler about though, compared to the Bronson & Nomad anyway.

simonbowns
    Free Member

Properly announced now – here’s our quick blurb on it

Bronson on the US site

5010 on the US site

I’d be surprised to see Heckler and SL stay in the lineup for much longer, but who knows?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz Bronson/5010/Blur (Nomad stylee)’ is closed to new replies.