• This topic has 151 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cokie.
Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • New Santa Cruz Bronson/5010/Blur (Nomad stylee)
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Solo looks to be a great evolution of an already great bike especially if the build kits come with 140mm pikes

take my money!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

slightly steeper head angle

they mean slacker, Bronson and Solo 1 degree slacker

chakaping
    Free Member

Raspberry?

Looks more like rhubarb and custard to me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    honourablegeorge

roverpig – Member
    Looking at the geometry for the new 5010; the ETT has increased by 1cm and the CS decreased by 1cm. So, the effect is to move the C0G of the rider back by 1cm

THey shortened the stays by 6mm, but steepened the seat angle, so rider is in basically the same place relative to the back wheel… front end is longer, and slacker too

legend
    Free Member

Should be some interesting attempts at keeping the mud away from these bearings:

simonbowns
    Free Member

my mistake, now sorted. slacker HA, steeper SA

munkyboy
    Free Member

Interested to see the older lower link, because that looks like a maintenance nightmare. You would need to be very handy at cleaning and using the grease gun.

selaciosa
    Free Member

Think I’d rather have the older link smacking the ground than that new one – that’s gonna collect so much crap :/

Wonder if SC’s advice on washing will change…

Stop washing your bike so much. We did some experiments with bikes that were washed a lot but ridden infrequently, bikes that were ridden a lot but washed infrequently, and bikes that were both washed and ridden a lot. Guess what? Your bike hates only being washed and not being ridden. This test group had the worst results. They became creaky and not much fun to be around, much like the people who own bikes like that. Don’t get all angry (you know who you are), you can still wash your bike from time to time – and there are those times where it has to be done after every ride. Everything needs more attention during those times. BUT, maybe you should examine your priorities. It’s a mountain bike. You can get dirt on it. It’s OK.

sillyoldman

Old/current one wasn’t really any different – just lower down. I guess you could argue that the bridge between the drive and non-drive shielded the area a little, but doubt it had much affect.

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/es/uk/node/461

AlexSimon

I was going to say the same thing – it’s always been there! Maybe slightly less of a shelf, but I don’t see Newmad owners complaining.

selaciosa
    Free Member

The old one is more closed and the linkage is shorter providing less of a ‘shelf’. Nomad riders ain’t complaining because theirs is completely different and shielded…

chakaping
    Free Member

Love that spiel from SC on bike washing, something I’d worked out myself in recent years.

Can’t see a lot of their owners following it though.

😀

kudos100
    Free Member

Fail on the boost front. Disappointing, as SC normally don’t go for daft standards.

wiggles
    Free Member

Maybe because it isn’t daft and has actual benfits…

hellz85
    Free Member

Hi, first time poster long time lurked here. I test rode a bronson in May and was unable to get one as they had sold out everywhere so as soon as 2016 bronson appeared on leisure lakes website I ordered one. Got a phone call today at 0900 from them saying the new bronson had been announced which was confusing seeing as the one on their website said 2016 when I ordered a week ago and was pretty much the same as the 2015s. Anyways I have changed my order to the new one in bright pink, they said they would call me again early next week to let me know when I would receive the bike. Not sure what to think about the top tube becoming a bit longer, I’m a 5”5 long legged short torsoed woman and the bronson is the first bike iv ever ridden that felt like it fits, all others I feel like I’m having to over reach for the bars so this has got me apprehensive.

chipps

Word from Jungle is that they have already sent stock out to dealers that pre-ordered them, so they should be in some shops from today or tomorrow.

Gotama
    Free Member

Anyone know if the Tallboy LT has been discontinued or are they just staging the releases?

simonbowns
    Free Member

We (18 Bikes) have a 5010 Carbon C Complete bike in, Medium/Black with S Build kit. Photos once it’s built.

It doesn’t have a customer’s name on it (yet…)

😉

nonk
    Free Member

Reckon I will be having a bronsons in black so I will let you know how I get on with the mud shelf 😀

If anyone fancys a bargain on a black and magenta bronson cc with a db air cs on it in large that’s been my favourite bike ever for the last ten months then give me a shout

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’m a 5”5 long legged short torsoed woman and the bronson is the first bike iv ever ridden that felt like it fits, all others I feel like I’m having to over reach for the bars so this has got me apprehensive.

I would wait now and test ride the new bike – that’s a lot of money to drop on something that doesn’t fit as well, and if you prefer the old one then you may be able to get it on a discount as it’s the old model.

AlexSimon

hellz85 – do you know what stem length was on the bike you tried.
    It wasn’t uncommon to find Bronsons with 50 or 60mm stems on, so dropping to 30-35 would help bring it back again.
    That’s the intention of longer top tubes in most cases – not make you stretch further. It places the front wheel a long way in front whilst still retaining responsive steering. I’m definitely a fan.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I am so having that black 5010. There will be a photo.

hellz85
    Free Member

No idea I think it was just the stock demo bike in small, I know it was the top spec one when I asked the price they said 7k.I went on the Juliana roubion too but it’s exactly the same but the bars are narrower, I’m not sure if I like narrower bars or not. I ordered the bronson over the roubion because they come with more affordable options. I ordered the £3999 one. Guy on the phone said the geometry wasn’t really changing but the new one has better wheels for the same price, and is better protected. I’ll admit that when I look at angles and stuff online I get confused, on the demo ride I felt really good, I don’t normally do jumps and roll obstacles but the bronson made me feel really confident and I did some jumping and rode both up and down a lot faster than I normally do. I have a giant trance from 2011 at the moment which I like but find heavy and feel a bit too stretched out on.

tryert
    Free Member

Pulled the trigger on a blue 5010 today – Jungle has a few in stock already. Celebrated with a quite substantial off on my hardtail which has kind of taken the edge of things…

zelak999
    Free Member

tryert is that a complete bike you’ve ordered or frame only?

tryert
    Free Member

Complete bike, S Build. There are a small number available in the UK already (at least there was this morning!).

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Plenty of the new 5010 and Bronsons at the demo day today at Tarland Trails. Look good.

tryert
    Free Member

Here’s a thing..new 5010 has Boost at the rear only until November at which point they will be shipping with Boost both front and rear. I decided to delay my purchase for the sake of a couple of months. Seems like a really odd move from SC (for those that care about these things). Might be a similar story with the new Bronson, not sure.

sime46
    Free Member

What’s boost??

sime46
    Free Member

Thanks you.

cokie

tryert –
    Here’s a thing..new 5010 has Boost at the rear only until November at which point they will be shipping with Boost both front and rear. I decided to delay my purchase for the sake of a couple of months. Seems like a really odd move from SC (for those that care about these things). Might be a similar story with the new Bronson, not sure.

I’m guessing they’ve got some excess forks to shift. There’ll be some clueless cyclists that’ll buy the bikes with the none boost forks.

Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz Bronson/5010/Blur (Nomad stylee)’ is closed to new replies.