Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New saddle time
  • lawman91

Fed up with my Fabric Scoop creaking and it’s now out of warranty so looking to replace it and tbh I never found it that comfortable any way (Radius version on the MTB and Shallow on the roadie, they’re not bad but not fantastic either)

Any recommendations for replacements? I’m tempted to go back to what I know in the Madison Flux but have seen the SDG Bel Air 2 rated highly and the Chromag Moon, if only to try it out as it matches the bar/stem on my T130!. I know saddles are pretty personal but anyone have any other recommendations?

akira

Fizik Thar, bought one cos it was cheap but nice shape and works on or off road. Obviously you might hate it.

warpcow
    Free Member

I always got on ‘ok’ with Charge sadels, and the SDG Bel Air original and 2.0, but recently bought a WTB Volt and the difference is pretty amazing. The lowest end model is usually pretty cheap too, and even the mid-level (Pro, I think) is a decent weight.

tdog
    Free Member

I find WTB saddles the best ime in past as they always have loads of padding and just fit well. Read nice and large.

I have a Fabric Cell on my full suss and rate it highly. I experienced creaking but removed everything and greased the post/clamp and rails now not a creak.

I have a Charge Spoon or a Ibis one which are recently new which I do not get on with if you want to shoot me a pm?

RobHilton
    Free Member

New SDG bel air is nothing like as comfy as the original for me

hodgynd
    Free Member

SDG Bel Air user ..had the original on an I beam post and have the titanium railed 2 now ..the only one I have had inbetween is the stock Whyte saddle on the t130..which I never really got on with .

I don’t find any difference whatsoever between the 1 & 2 and I’ve been sitting on them for 15 years !

The comfiest saddle for my sit bones by far ..but hey we are all different ..

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Tried Bel Air (years of them)

Tried Spoons (a season)

Now on WTB Volt. got the wider version for my wider version arse.

Very happy on it. 2 hours road ride and only started getting slightly uncomfortable in the last couple of mile (1st decent distance ride this year too)

razorrazoo

Saddles are such a personal thing, one persons recommendation may work for you, but just as likely not. FWIW the Fizik Gobi is the best fit for me. Tried a Scoop (lasted one ride), Bel Air (not good). Otherwise I have a 20 year old Flite Ti on my roadie. The one other saddle i found fine was an SD G duster.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Currently cushioning the cheeks on Spesh Phenom in shiny format.

Very comfy for me, but as above, your arse may vary.  (Why isn’t YAMV a more widely used STW acronym?)

joebristol

I’ve gone with sdg bel airs for quite a few years now on big mtb and racer. Not found anything more comfy really.

Thhinngs change though – back in the day I loved the Titec Berserker I had, but after a break in cycling and coming back to it I couldn’t stand it.

I had something similar with a Fizik Arione – loved it on the caad 9 I had, but when I moved it to a new racer I couldn’t get on with it so went back to a bel air.

The new mtb I got last year has a fabric scoop and I’ve just stuck with that – but then the bike has 160/145mm of travel so that probably takes the sting out the trail.

I fancy trying the bel air 2 as it looks nicer than the original version, but as I’m happy with what I’ve got already there doesn’t seem much point.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New saddle time’ is closed to new replies.