Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New passport time.
  • bigblackshed

I need to renew my passport, runs out in April, prior to going to Rome in May.

If I do it now what’s the chance of getting an EU red one? Or do I run the risk of getting a Brexit Blue one?

Drac

You can always be a holder if such things matter to you.

DezB
    Free Member

I just did mine. Got a red. Didn’t know it was changing.
    They reject all photos unless you do them in a photo-me booth btw!

Drac

Didn’t know it was changing.

Have you heard of something called Brexit?

DezB
    Free Member

I try to avoid any mention of the “word” 😠

zilog6128

nah, you just have to follow the photo guidelines. Natural light outdoors against a neutral background is best unless you’ve got pro photo lighting indoors! I then photoshopped the background to take the shadows out etc so it was just plain grey.

beinbhan

Just replaced mine doesn’t have European Union on the cover still red.

nbt

I took a selfi on my phone for my renewal last year.

You should get burgundy, though it probalby won’t say EU at the top 🙁

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Just done mine. They rejected my photo booth picture but accepted the one my son took on his mobile in my kitchen…

P-Jay
    Free Member

There was some slightly meek info from the Passport office this week, if you apply now, as in before the end of the month you’ll get red. If you apply in Feb you might get red and might get bleu and soon after it’s bleu until we rejoin the EU.

phil5556

Just replaced mine doesn’t have European Union on the cover still red.

My other half just got a new one after we got married and she changed her name, red but without European Union on the cover. It is a bit sad tbh.

kelvin

it’s bleu until we rejoin the EU.

Nah, it’ll stay blau if we ever rejoin… everything will be done then to avoid people fretting that sensible cooperation might somehow mean a loss of national identity.

weeksy

Mine arrived Monday, it’s red.

piemonster

Mine was successful using a phone, done early last year.

Edukator
    Free Member

Just renewing mine, 86e for 10 years, bargain !

I kept my last blue* passport as a souvenir of empire. I shall keep the expired burgundy as a reminder of a more civilized age.

If the replacement isn’t identical to my old black blue passport, right down to the very substantial (and probably very expensive) rigid cover, I shall write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Express.

*well, so dark I always thought it was black.

igm

I though blue was more of a French colour.
    I mean British Lions – red, French national teams – blue.
    Maybe we should campaign for British Racing Green passports?

matt_outandabout

Mine arrived Monday, it’s red.

Now known as a ‘classic’ passport.

I predict a huge rush as all those patriotic brexiteers try to get a bleu one, in time to wave it under the Spanish immigration officers faces with a triumphant flourish of pride.

Drac

A very strong email to the Express? 😂

Look closer

poly
    Free Member

I though blue was more of a French colour.
    I mean British Lions – red, French national teams – blue.
    Maybe we should campaign for British Racing Green passports?

Its a missed revenue opportunity Standard fee – £75.50 and you don’t get to choose the colour. Premium options for £15 more to pick blue, burgundy, green etc. £25 extra and you can have gold, £100 extra for sparkly bit encrusted!

Edukator
    Free Member

Absolutely, igm. The national teams are refered to as “les bleus – allez les bleus !”, local state radio is “France bleu”, the colour of my old triathlon kit was “bleu de France”, the galoises blondes cigarettes handed out to troops in the ration came in a blue packet, French racing cars and the Renault Alpine rally cars were a patriotic blue, the French royals dressed up in bleu roi before they were approriately dealt with, the gendarmes are dressed in bleu-gendarme, the patrouille de france jets are mainly blue – as are the uniforms – why would a country that has the red arrows want blue passports ?

Edit: and my new Zoé is blue. 😉

igm

Of course we could do national colours within the UK.
    So the Scots get blue, the Welsh red, English white, Northern Irish green. Or maybe orange. Striped?
    Maybe I should stop having good ideas.
    Nationalism is just trouble waiting to happen really.

bigblackshed

Drac.

Saw that posted on Farcebook earlier. I’d happily except a blue passport if it had the “Latin” as per the one in the photo.

andy5390

I got a new one back in October last year, red but no EU wording on the front.

Personally, I couldn’t give a toss what colour it is, as long as I can pass through borders with it

burko73

Aren’t the blue ones made in France or something. The gammons were going nuts about it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New passport time.’ is closed to new replies.