Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Music ..2019
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

Can’t find the thread from a little while back ..any new stuff that’s blown your socks off yet ?
    Just released today …the new Rival Sons album ” Feral Roots ” ..and their first for a major label ( now signed to Atlantic ) ..and it shows that they have had some money thrown at them ..absolutely loved it on first hearing .
    Also got a heads up from Google of a new Gary Clark Jr.album but as yet can’t source that ( Spotify ) ..hope it’s along the same lines as Blak n Blu..
    So what’s grabbed you by the nuts so far this year ..?

rone

Not much. New Swervedriver album is good.

Twilight Sad new one I want to like but struggling.

DezB
    Free Member

Malibu Ken of course! (Although I haven’t got my hands on it yet!)

Like the Cinematic Orchestra single with Roots Manuva, so album should be good.

The Sharon Van Etton album is really good https://sharonvanetten.bandcamp.com/album/remind-me-tomorrow. Didn’t expect to like it, but that’s no bad thing.

Apparat’s newy will be super. Can’t wait for that

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Gary Clark Jr album is out in March I think but the single is superb.

binners

Loving the new Slowthai stuff at the moment. Theres more than a touch of the Sleaford Mods about him. And that can only ever be a good thing

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wasn’t overly fussed by the new Cinematic Orchestra track with Roots Manuva. Shame as All Things To All Men is a beauty of a record.

I’ve had a listen to Goldie’s new album with James Davidson under the name Subjective. It’s a bit of a slow burner but i think it will end up being a favourite for lazy Sunday morning listening.

DezB
    Free Member

Loving the new Slowthai stuff at the moment

Grimy Binbins! Sold out the Concorde2 (Brighton) in a flash! Quite fancied that, but I was too late.
    New Sleaford Mods is pretty good – sounds like a guy called Debasser from about 2010.

DezB
    Free Member

I also like these fellas, so shall buy their thing upon release.
    https://broadsofnorfolk.bandcamp.com/

Mister-P
    Free Member

I like the sound of Broads. Thanks Dez!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Lamb have a new album coming out in April which I will no doubt buy. Might go see them in Hackney on 29th April if I can stomach the £33 ticket price.

DezB
    Free Member

Pleasure – they released a rehearsal thing the other day for free, I’ll see if I can PM you a dl. Was really good.

hodgynd
    Free Member

@stevenmenmuir ..got to agree about the Gary Clark Jr.single ..the blokes on top form ..with the best anti racism song I’ve heard in a while ..

hodgynd
    Free Member

Another album release today is the debut from Puppy..” The Goat ” …
    From their “image” in Classic Rock magazine ..the sound isn’t what I was expecting ..well worth a listen if you like rock music though

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Music ..2019’ is closed to new replies.