Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New handlebar grips?
  • gazzab1955

Need new handlebar grips, any suggestions?
    Quite like the DMR Deathgrips – anyone got any comments on these?
    Cheers in anticipation of a hundred different suggestions! 🙂

endomick
    Free Member

Thick or thin

choppersquad
    Free Member

Yep…. Deathgrips my grip of choice.
    Just worn a pair out and ordered another about two minutes ago.

mariner
    Free Member

Chromag Clutch here.

bikesandboots

I ordered a few to hold in hand, it was the thick flangeless DeathGrips which I kept.

Ergon GA2 – good but I didn’t like that they got thinner towards the inside end.
    ODI Elite Pro – flanged end cap is annoying and makes them feel narrower. Symmetric clamps are untidy.

I also almost tried some Ergon GE1s, but they seem quite opinionated about hand position so thought they wouldn’t be ideal for varied types of riding.

jimmy748

Renthal push on in super tacky compound.

tenburner

Don’t rate deathgrips at all, whilst they feel nice nobody wants to be changing a 20 quid pair of grips every few rides because IME and that of riding mates they don’t last 10 seconds.

I love my Minnar burgtecs, lasted absolutely ages and soften into a really comfortable grip. They’ve also got a new soft version which I haven’t tried but probably wont last as long

sharkattack

Renthal push on in super tacky compound

This. Or ODI Longnecks. I switch between the two.

Lock ons are dead to me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I must admit, I’m pretty certain I’ll be moving away from lock onsonce the current stock are exhausted.

Quite fancy playing with a set of locking wire plyers.

bigfoot
    Free Member

I love my Minnar burgtecs, lasted absolutely ages and soften into a really comfortable grip. They’ve also got a new soft version which I haven’t tried but probably wont last as long

recently got the soft versions to go with my new burgtec carbon bars, really liking the setup.

only had about 6 rides on them so no idea on how long they’ll last.

honourablegeorge

Really like the Minnaars also, having been a Deathgrip fan for ages.

tjagain

my preference is simple foam grips. Light, cheap, grippy.

Northwind

I love the ODI F1 series- a rubbery foam slip-on. I used to use ESI racer’s edge foams and they’re maybe a wee bit nicer but they’re so delicate- get ripped to bits in crashes etc and mangled by uplift straps, the ODIs are so much tougher and barely any less nice under palm. Pretty close to perfect tbh, as long as you don’t want a bolt-on anyway.

kiwijohn

Spank Spikes.
    Very comfortable and the plastic end cap stops them getting trashed.

alpin
    Free Member

Silicone /foam.

Bit of a faff to fit, but last for ages. Don’t go gooey and sticky. Grippy on the wet.

Have had mine for three years and only changed them because the colour had faded and I’m a tart.

Get some bottle cap bar end caps to protect your bars.

Lockons are redundant now that almost every brake/bar accessory has an opening clamp.

tall_martin

Chromag wax

Mine are glued and wired on, but nicer than any lock on I’ve tried

gazzab1955

Thanks all. Ordered some of the Burgtec Bartender, I thought they looked better than the Deathgrips and the more I looked at the DG’s the more I didn’t like the “mushroom” section on the inner part.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New handlebar grips?’ is closed to new replies.