Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New garden hose time (it is quiet in here!)
  • DickBarton

So, puppy has decided current hose is a chew toy and I now can’t hose car or bike and garden isn’t going to get much watering if the hose isn’t replaced.

I think I’m after 40-50m of tough hose that can be wound in a hose reel.

Not convinced about wall mounted as I’m not sure it will reach either ends of the garden at the other side of the house, but I suspect a standing reel may also get chewed.

Any cheaper online places to be looking? Screwfix looks to be cheap for hose and connectors but then a reel solution needs sorted.

So any suggestions on where to buy?

(I’m sure once all the forum finally get sorted, this place will be very busy and I’ll not be posting such lame questions!)

bearnecessities

Claber – Amazon. You can thank me later 🙂

footflaps

We have a 40m Hozelock wall mounted thing. It’s OK, except it never all goes back in, there isn’t enough slack in the system for anything other than a perfect coil of hosepipe, with zero gaps.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QRPFR2]Hozelock 40m reel[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

richardkennerley

Expandable hose, we’ve had one left outside for years now, still works fine, 100ft more than long enough to reach our front and back. Don’t want to leave it outside? Pop it off and Chuck it in a box. 200ft ones available

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07229L8HL

carlosg
    Free Member

^^^^^^^

What richardkennerley let said , we bought a 100ft one . Takes up much less room than the rubber one it replaced.

richardkennerley

Cheap as well. Dog chews it,  buy another.  Then get rid of the dog .

I’m being deliberately obtuse of course.

But you know,  you’ve got to sort your priorities. What’s most important in a man’s life,  his hose or his dog?

DickBarton

Haha…until I can teach the mutt how to clean my bike, the choice is easy.

How good are the flexible hoses? Got a mate who has tried 3 and all set to fail at getting water out the nozzle at the end with anything more than a dribble, so that has put me off those.

thepurist

Forget all that garden centre tosh – Tricoflex hose and geka fittings, as used by thousands of horticulturalists.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got an expandable one – was a present and can’t say I was too sure about it… but it’s excellent -never tangles, which is the best thing! I hardly ever use the full length (fnaar fnaar) and you have to remember to turn the tap off and empty the hose or it doesn’t contract properly. Apart from that, good product.

DickBarton

Ta

antimony
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>richardkennerley
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Expandable hose, we’ve had one left outside for years now, still works fine, 100ft more than long enough to reach our front and back. Don’t want to leave it outside? Pop it off and Chuck it in a box. 200ft ones available https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07229L8HL/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521577803&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=200+ft+expandable+hose&dpPl=1&dpID=513KjeS-RPL&ref=plSrch

</div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

good call – just ordered one

</div>

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New garden hose time (it is quiet in here!)’ is closed to new replies.