Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • New Cotic BFe…. ooh
  • wukfit
    Free Member

Got an email about the new BFe and it looks good, should the 142mm rear end been boost though ? (I know cy has only recently adopted to bolt thru)
    For some reason I’m unable to log onto the AI page, anyone else having difficulties?

NormalMan

Yep, same. I can’t log in either. My bank balance thanks me.

chiefgrooveguru

It is really lucky that I can’t log in there because I think everything bar the headset on my Bird would swap across but I have no money left!

slackboy

I’m having problems too.

Max
    Free Member

What’s changed?

wukfit
    Free Member

Longer, lower, 142×12 rear end, seattube brace, more tyre clearance, designed around 140mm fork etc. etc.
    Blue is back

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes, what’s new? I can’t log in either 😕

edit-

Longer, lower, 142×12 rear end, seattube brace, more tyre clearance
    Blue is back

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

My nephew might be getting a barely-used BFe 275 QR frame…

scotroutes

should the 142mm rear end been boost though

unless there’s a definite disadvantage in doing so, then yes. Cy hasn’t been afraid to plough his own furrow when it comes to design (remember those Roadrat forks) though it seems he always comes round in the end. Maybe the next version will be Boost.

sharkattack

Am I allowed to share the pictures? Someone delete them if they’re supposed to be top secret for now.

My only complaint about my current Bfe is the lack of standover height and they’ve addressed that finally. My large is a great length but it’s right up there between the plums on steep trails or jumps.

wukfit
    Free Member

Yeah I’m 5’10 but with a 30″ inside leg (it’s annoying)) so the longer and lower bikes get, the better for me
    I had a medium but was cramped with anything less than a 70mm stem, and was on my toes

metalheart
    Free Member

Is it not 66 dog head angle (at 140mm forks) now too?

(Sorry, I’m leaving that autocorrect in 😆 )

Yup, 66 dog head 😀

kayla1
    Free Member

Rocket front triangle?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks shite compared to this.

metalheart
    Free Member

Ai working for me…

wukfit
    Free Member

Yep working for me too now…. and I want a blue on

jakd95
    Free Member

My previous bike was a blue 26″ BFe, it could have done with been a touch slacker and lower, but I absolutely loved it. This looks fantastic, would have to be in that same blue..

chiefgrooveguru

Want!

superstu
    Free Member

What price is the new frame?

wukfit
    Free Member

£450

metalheart
    Free Member

£449 stu

core

Yeah, seeing as the official launch isn’t for a week or two and they’ve password protected the page for existing newsletter subscribers only, I’d not have posted the photos……

metalheart
    Free Member

Yeah, seeing as the official launch isn’t for a week or two and they’ve password protected the page for existing newsletter subscribers only, I’d not have posted the photos….

In that case I really, really, really wouldn’t recommend you look at Cotic’s Flickr page. Nope definitely not, coz that would be really bad….

There’s a lot more info than just the photos on their website. What about the video, eh?

I doubt that Cotic will be upset at all the free publicity mind 😉

slackboy

I really like what they’ve done with the colours. Blue is gorgeous as is the CMK black one.

core

I doubt they will, it’ll probably generate a flurry of orders and early interest, but all the same. Guerrilla marketing?

I’m not sure many people (anyone) trawls bike firms flickr accounts either…..

In any case, love the look of the black with pink, I’d nearly buy one on looks alone. If they’d take the soul along similar lines I’d buy one tomorrow, as it is I don’t think I’m a good enough/aggro enough rider to get the most out of a bfe.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m not sure many people (anyone) trawls bike firms flickr accounts either…..

It’s Flickr (ye know, social media), they follow me and I follow them. Have done for years.

superstu
    Free Member

Well, they look lovely. Tempting. I’m sure they’ll move to boost at some point but it wouldn’t worry me in the slightest being 142.

jekkyl

Love the return to Black. Black is the best bike colour imo.

honourablegeorge

Right… so I have hubs…..

woodster

That looks fantastic, especially in the “printer refill” colours. Almost enough to question whether to build up the P7 frame I’ve only just bought.

chestrockwell

I love my p7 so do it!

iain1775
    Free Member

Well that’s nice
    My barely 18 month old 275 frame is now 2 iterations old

scotroutes

superstu – Member
    Well, they look lovely. Tempting. I’m sure they’ll move to boost at some point but it wouldn’t worry me in the slightest being 142.

Got to keep back something so folk will want to “upgrade” next year eh?

kayak23

They got rid of the minging wishbone! Yes.
    Looks great. 🙂

NormalMan

^ beauty in the eye of the beholder etc. The one thing lacking for me was the wishbone. I always liked the look of them from BITD.

GregMay
    Free Member

Looks ace 🙂

cokie

They got rid of the minging wishbone! Yes.
    Looks great. 🙂

Completely agree. I hated the wishbone. Made it look a bit on-one..
    Looks fantastic now, and that Black with multicolour stripes/panel looks great. Good job Cy!

chiefgrooveguru

If Cy passes by this way, can I make one request? I know that sagged geometry makes more sense when comparing with full-sus bikes, but as every other hardtail is now quoted static (apart from Stanton but their numbers don’t really add up) it’s quite tedious trying to compare, so static numbers would help.

Compared to my Zero AM it’s looking fractionally shorter reach, a fair bit slacker and a bit higher of BB with a bit more chainstay length and slacker seat angle too. Unfortunately for me I think I might like that more than my current bike!

I really like the super short seat tubes and dropped top tube (and I’m a long-legged rider who tends to err towards shorter frames, so I’m sure the short leg / long back brigade are even happier!)

verzetje
    Free Member

Looks very nice but…..
    In 12 months your bike is old again.

Cotic seems not to be what they used to.
    Just like others they continue to put “new”
    bikes on the market so your bike is already old before
    you start riding it 😆

Start to lose my interest in cotic to be honest.

chiefgrooveguru

Looks very nice but…..
    In 12 months your bike is old again.

I don’t think it’s that at all. I think it’s just taken a long time for Cy to accept the BFe’s geometry should be different to the Soul and that going slacker, lower and longer really does ride well on that kind of hardtail. They still haven’t gone as low as some and I think that’s a good decision for all but exclusively trail centre or uplifted shredding.

kayla1
    Free Member

the BFe’s geometry should be different to the Soul and that going slacker, lower and longer really does ride well on that kind of hardtail. They still haven’t gone as low as some and I think that’s a good decision for all but exclusively trail centre or uplifted shredding.

This! I love my BFe 275, the ‘high’ BB (it’s not high at all) just makes it easier to hop and manual around where we usually ride. Long and low HTs can be a bit ‘fun sponge’ if you like arsing about in the street or at BMX tracks from time to time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘New Cotic BFe…. ooh’ is closed to new replies.