Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New chainsaw time
  • geoffj

I’ve got a NOS Stihl MS 260 rollomatic being delivered on Friday

It’s going to be tough deciding whether to go out on my new road bike or attack the log pile 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

nice. what bar does it come with?
    My 230 is currently in with the witchdoctor having crystals passed across its carburettor and chicken blood washed through the air filter. Then it might start running properly again!

Clobber
    Free Member

That’s dinky, small logs?

wl
    Free Member

Looks mint. Perfect for hacking road bikes to pieces.

geoffj

nice. what bar does it come with?

18″ although I’m probably going to run it with a 14″ as I don’t need that length.
    All we need now is a windy October/November and to work out where to build my next log store 😀

geoffj

That’s dinky, small logs?

It’s not the size that matters……

granny_ring

vroom vroom, nice 🙂 How much are they going for?

Kuco

Good saws, we use to use 260’s at work. 18″ is it’s max limit, ran mine usually with a 16″

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve got the 250 and it’s a pile of poo. I think it’s a different (just for show) range though. I had an old AV011 before that was FANTASTIC. Unfortunately it sat in a puddle of Sodium Chlorate solution that did for the crankcase 🙁

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Don’t forget smaller bar = more powerful ripping machine. I have 70cc saw and even with an 18″ I can feel a fair loss in power over a 16. You can fell 2 times the bar length in diameter quite comfortably anyway and a 32″ trunk is huge!

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a 16″ 260 that I mainly use for trail work. Its fantastic. I got it as it is relatively light, so easy to carry or use overhead. Yes, there are lighter saws, but they aren’t as powerful IME.

Edit – The 250 is a homeowner (lowest) level saw from Stihl. The 260 was top of the line Pro level.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New chainsaw time’ is closed to new replies.