Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New build house, boiler in kitchen and airing cupboard
  • josh1982
    Free Member

I rent a new build which has a boiler in the kitchen and in the airing cupboard.

I have never had the kitchen one on but the upstairs on seems to be on all the time. It’s a wimpy home and wondered if anyone else had this set up. Something doesn’t seem right. Combi downstairs should be doing something surely and the upstairs one is like a jet engine taking off but constantly until I turn it off.

It’s a boilermate

Any ides?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Some will fit a central heating boiler and then a separate hot water boiler just in case.
    Friends have this as the wife moaned about the time it took for the hot water to appear downstairs so its in the kitchen with the CH one upstairs on its own independent circuit.
    You will probably find the kitchen one if just hot water – they look just like a combi.

totalshell

cant believe that they are both boilers… how big is the house would be my only caveat..

josh1982
    Free Member

Sorted……..downstairs is boiler and upstairs storage with backup electric boiler

antigee

but the upstairs on seems to be on all the time

just normal emptying and filling or a funny whooshing / boiling noise? – if it is doing that then the thermostat isn’t working and the electric element is permanently on – not a big thing to get fixed easy job for any electrician or plumber

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New build house, boiler in kitchen and airing cupboard’ is closed to new replies.