• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New bike. Would you … ?
  • prezet
    Free Member

… buy the same frame/colour as one of your riding buddies?

A friend of mine bought a Hightower this year, and was very impressed with it. I’m very tempted by one myself with the 2018 models being a bit cheaper now, but the only colours available are the same as his.

I’ve asked him, and he’s cool with it 😀

Yak

It’s a bike. It’s not like turning up at a party wearing the same dress. Get on with it!

Bez

Buy the one you want and then repaint his while he’s not looking.

tomhoward

You could get those stickers with your names on, so as you don’t pick up each other’s bike.

Looks super pro, too 👍🏻

weeksy

My mate did… i imagine some laugh when they see us or think we’re on hire bikes, which as they’re Whyte T-130s isn’t that ridiculous…. Neither of us care as we love them.

We have different coloured seats 🙂 Just to make it easier.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i cant imagine you’d keep up with Peaty so get it bought.. and chew his dust

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

ps. could always put on different coloured downtube stickers

Bez

You could get those stickers with your names on … Looks super pro

“Looks super pro” is an anagram of “sure looks poop.” Near enough, anyway.

Blackflag
    Free Member

As long as you asked first, then yes.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Wheres the cheaper hightower?

patriotpro
    Free Member

As long as you don’t share wives too, can’t see the issue

nickfrog
    Free Member

I couldn’t as we always ride together. Irrational I know but glad I found a different colour.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Erm, fundamentally yes.

But, in reality, it wouldn’t matter if my Mate had the bestest bike in the world ever created which offered a level of performance higher than any of it’s competitors, for a lower price and was so ascetically pleasing it sexually aroused me – I’d have to have something different. I don’t know why, I’ve always been that way.

dissonance

If it is a nice bike and the right price cant see why not.

Although it could end up creepy if you then match your riding clothes to be the same.

DezB
    Free Member

I did see 2 fellas a while ago on identical green Orange 5s. Thought it quite amusing for a few seconds but nothing beyond that. Looks like you’re in a team, or the bikes are so good you bought the same… which, yeah…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife and I ride virtually identical bikes of the same colour. It’s not an issue.

They made more than two of them, so I guess lots of people have very similar looking bikes.

DezB
    Free Member

Wife and I…

Is slightly different. I bet you sleep in the same bed too, which I suspect prezet and his mate don’t. I don’t know for a fact obviously, but I doubt he’d have started this thread if it had been the case.

davosaurusrex

I bought an E-Sommet earlier this year. Month later a mate wanted the same, asked me if I’d mind and I said no but they had sold out so he got the cheaper one. Another mate then ordered the same without even mentioning it to him, mate no1 wasn’t best pleased! Mate no2 did cover up a lot of orange bits with black tape but even so…

I’m quite happy they’re both on the poverty spec model, even if the colour is better!

prezet
    Free Member

@blackflag – Checkout C6, they have the CC frames for £2099

nuke

Go for it…also wanting a Hightower and hovering over the buy button re UBYK or C6, only thing stopping me is that its a shed load of money 😬

SaxonRider

If they were still available and I wanted another mountain bike, I would copy molgrips’ bike without hesitation. He got what I can only describe as a ‘lava-coloured’ Salsa, and it looks beautiful.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. All those sale bikes seem to be in either M or XL and i’m after a large. The quest continues!

tdog
    Free Member

His & her’s init 😝

😬

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New bike. Would you … ?’ is closed to new replies.