Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Bike Shop Disappointment
  • TooTall
    Free Member

Have you ever moved house and looked for the nearest 'decent' bike shop? Had a need to talk to a specific big-name dealer with a specific question so used their site to find the closest dealer? Had reasonable expectations that this might be useful?

I trundled across a new city on a crappy Saturday morning to find the shop (one of two, established before the war etc). It sells more fizzy fifty scooters and charver helmets than bikes and was staffed by one rotund and disinterested bloke who ignored my presence and interest in his stock (what little there was).

I'll be heading elsewhere then. Great.

nedrapier

I've asked on here for the nearest decent bike shop and found some pretty good ones.

Just the sort of thing this place is perfect for!

project
    Free Member

Went to a new large (Giant)bike shop in Liverpool the other day,firstly no parking anywhere near,half the stock didnt have prices,they only sold one brand, they had little in clothes and helmets and no accesories.
    The shop was nice,but not a bike shop in the real bike shop world,just somebodies idea of what a boutique bike shop should be,and failed.Very poor outside signage to tell you where it was.
    The member of staff was freindly,but sadly i wil not be back,not enough stock and only one brand.

bipedal
    Free Member

I too recently went to the new Giant shop in Liverpool… While it's a beautifully designed shop, I agree that as a bike shop it's rubbish – no stock, expensive, one brand etc. Also some of the staff seem to have never seen a bike before and be rather surprised that they work in a shop that sells them.

It's a real shame and a wasted opportunity as Liverpool has no decent bike shop near town

mtbfix

LOL! You went to Giant only store and are complaining about a lack of other brands? Brilliant.

Shack
    Free Member

Been meaning to give the Giant shop a visit, looks like I'd be wasting my time. Its location is a bit edge of town and the frontage is pretty anonimous. I'd actually been driving past it on a regular basis without realising it was there. Certainly a real lack of a decent bike shop in the City centre.

bipedal
    Free Member

mtbfix – Member

LOL! You went to Giant only store and are complaining about a lack of other brands? Brilliant.

Errr it's still a disappointing new bikeshop

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

is The Hub cafe and neighbouring shop still going? Went to uni in liverpool in mid/late 90's and they opened whilst I was there, sponsored a local XC race (halewood triangle?) which I won, which was nice (as they threw prizes at us). One of the founders had been in brooky (Simon O'Brien?).

bipedal
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – Member

is The Hub cafe and neighbouring shop still going? Went to uni in liverpool in mid/late 90's and they opened whilst I was there, sponsored a local XC race (halewood triangle?) which I won, which was nice (as they threw prizes at us). One of the founders had been in brooky (Simon O'Brien?).

Sadly no… long gone, real shame

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Shop Disappointment’ is closed to new replies.