• This topic has 57 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by weeksy.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • New bike day, the Purple Peril….. GT Fury Expert.
  • hardtailonly

So come on @weeksy … just been on Classifieds and seen the blue Fury is sold. What’s the story?

weeksy

just been on Classifieds and seen the blue Fury is sold. What’s the story?

Well there’s a few things in that… But at the time i thought a mate of the boy was potentially having the blue one, but i don’t think that’s going to work out, so it’s back on here and PB as ‘for sale’ again.
    A large part of me is honestly thinking “why sell it, just keep it and use yourself”, i can get it sprung to me for £70-80 all in both ends, which would then mean i can use it myself… but do i really have a use/justification for a DH bike… That’s a question. But the flip-side is, it’s only £1700 back in, is it really worth selling it for £1700 back in… Meh… Dunno.

robbo1234biking

Ive lost track a bit. The purple was going to be the spare but he prefers it so its now his race bike?

And youve decided a spare isnt necessary?

weeksy

The purple was going to be the spare but he prefers it so its now his race bike?

And youve decided a spare isnt necessary?

Sort of….

robbo1234biking

🙂 My son is 8. he has been doing go ride sessions and wants to do his first race. It will be a mini CX style race.

His Christmas list currently is a drop bar cx bike, a mountain bike and a bike shed to put all his bikes in. He thinks if Daddy has 3 bikes then so should he!

weeksy

His Christmas list currently is a drop bar cx bike, a mountain bike and a bike she to put all his bikes in. He thinks if Daddy has 3 bikes then so should he!

HAhahaha nice… i guess we reap what we sow in the world mate and if we’re a bit crazy, we just end up making small crazies ourselves.

zerocool

Why don’t you keep the Fury for yourself. You were going to buy a 180mm Whyte at the beginning of the week so you obviously like the idea of a big bike for big things. And then keep the Trek for smaller stuff (maybe with a Slack-R headset in it if they fit) best of both worlds.

Like you said, is it worth selling for £1700 when you could just ride it yourself.

weeksy

It’s still in my head, but I’m 6’0 and even though I like bikes a little small, it’s a medium. Sizing says up to 177cm, 5’9″. The purple one is bigger and if the bikes were reversed I’d have less doubt.
    If it doesn’t sell in a week or two I may change that idea and keep it.

mashr

Sizing says up to 177cm, 5’9″

It’s a DH bike, if you like the way it rides it fits. Why not have a full uplift day somewhere on it then decide?

weeksy

Why not have a full uplift day somewhere on it then decide?

I’ll need to respring it before that which is a bit of an outlay as I don’t have either end springs for my weight.
    But all in all it’s not a terrible idea, especially as it has the Pro 4s which are nice

doomanic

Nice garage.

weeksy

Nice garage.

I wish. Lol. Not mine matey

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Go somewhere gnarly if you aim to ride it, dh bikes get pretty old pretty quickly at trail centre uplifts you’ve ridden on a trail bike. Even BPW doesn’t need one. Try Rev’s or Dyfi for a weekend and you’ll bloody love it, there’s no feeling like smashing over roots and rocks on a DH bike.

weeksy

It’s a fair point and we’ve got a few free weekends coming up so i do need to get my act together and get some different places booked and sorted.

It’s not impossible that it’s debut ride will be at this race.
    https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/256017/MIJ-Worcester-Lodge-2022-Round-5

It’s next weekend, but i’ve got a spring on it’s way from Ebay in 500×3.0 and i can get a front spring for £55 from TFT on next day delivery, which would give me time to get it installed and ready for the weekend race… Bit daft i know, but hey, i like a bit of daftness 😀
    Whilst in some of your worlds, you’d think “Oh really, SkiRun v2, that’s not hard enough for a DH bike”…. maybe in your worlds, lol… in mine it’s pleny hard enough.

But i’ll decide over the next few days depending on whether i get any interest…

Anyway…. the Purple bike is bike with the full X-Fusion setup installed and we’re off to Rogate in a minute for the day. 🙂

ayjaydoubleyou

I’ll need to respring it before that which is a bit of an outlay as I don’t have either end springs for my weight

Might help the resale if it’s sprung for a well built adult anyway.

weeksy

It’s a very good point, but currently we’ve no one interested so I’m not worried too much about it either way.

DrP

You were going to buy a 180mm Whyte at the beginning of the week

Keep up man…. We’re 5 days in now… @weeksy and his lad have probably given up riding by now and taken up bobsled or something…. 😉

DrP

weeksy

With the new Chainring installed and setup on the chain-guide, we had no issues yesterday at all… No dropped chains, no missed gears… Just all good.

Massive thanks guys…. still can’t believe i didn’t notice it wasn’t a N/W chainring.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.