Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • new bike at last. a day of waiting, pain then pleasure. and a beautiful shand
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Well after a lot of thinking, mind changing and other things to annoy the lovely people at shand with i ordered a stoater

Today while waiting for the courier i managed to stick my fingers to a pan id left in the oven for 20 mins at 200 🙁 stupid and painful

Luckily my bike turned up and one had wrapped in cling fling i assembled the few bits that needed doing. Not much thank god.

So how is it. Beautiful in a word the finish is outstanding. Unfortunately for me i now cant ride or dial a fit in but its pretty much right now i think.

And for the steerer police i specifically asked for 30mm of spare steerer and for it to be set up as is so keep quiet 😉

Anyway here she is 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Very nice, lovely colour. Guards look stealthy, what are they, sks bluemell primus?

You need to trim that steerer 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers the are pdw full metals . Lovely and solid.

Gary_M
    Free Member

mm might try a set of them, sks longboards don’t seem to last very well these days.

Houns

*likes*

shredder
    Free Member

Very nice

garage-dweller

Likes too.

Forgive my ignorance but hub gear + cx/ touring width tyres… What’s the intended use?

postierich
    Free Member

dibbs!

honourablegeorge

Thought it was the pic, but no, those are the longest brake hoods I’ve ever seen

somafunk

Very nice firestarter, good choice on the shand.

Another pdw full metal fender user here – they are a doddle to fit and don’t bounce around as much as sks chromoplastics.

PS : tout terrain/the plug have an improved usb cap you can fit, the original is a bit mleh.

see here for new plug cap

MrNice
    Free Member

belt drive too! niche-tastic 😀

I like it, BTW. Very, very nice. I have a real hankering for a bike like that even though I’m not sure I’d really use it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me likeee 2 innit.

I foresee many trips of endless swooping lanes and gravel trails.

8)

firestarter
    Free Member

Shand had run out soma but matt said he would swap later if i wanted

Garagedweller im using it for everything had road bikes and cx ones but both compromised in one way or other. I intend long rides mainly road but i can also link in bridleway bits together which is good where i live as a good mix of routes. And hub gear as i sold my old rohloff build and regretted it ever since

Postie its never for sale or our lass would castrate me 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, that’s lovely Mick.
    Truly is.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

That’s one of the cleanest backgrounds I’ve seen. Purposefully chosen to avoid cheap digs from the keyboard critics methinks. Lovely bike BTW!

drlex
    Free Member

‘gratz! A thing of beauty and (hopefully) a joy forever, once your burns fade. Loving the colour!

Andy

Very nice Mick

gordimhor

That’s a cracking bike I’m unbelievably jealous,believe me

therevokid
    Free Member

very, very nice ….

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers all. Very very pleased

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s one of the cleanest backgrounds I’ve seen. Purposefully chosen to avoid cheap digs from the keyboard critics methinks

What do you mean? It clashes with the frame!

garage-dweller

Thanks firestarter looks ace.

hadn’t spotted belt drive too. My dad just had a belt drive rohloff setup on his latest bike. Looks a good solution to me. I guess you must have a split stay to make that work as part of the build.

jontykint
    Free Member

Can you reach the brakes?!! That’s crazy!

seanthesheap
    Free Member

That’s super nice. Congrats.

oxym0r0n

Trp hydros, no?

firestarter
    Free Member

Yeah its split at the back garage

They arent super long brake hoods tbh not much longer than sti iirc.

And yeah they are trp hylex

firestarter
    Free Member

corroded
    Free Member

I have a real hankering for a bike like that even though I’m not sure I’d really use it

I’ve had one for just over a year – believe me, I use it all the freaking time. On or off-road. I can put 35mm CX tyres on and it’s pretty much as capable as my 29er hard tail. I can put 28mm Gravelking tyres on and it’s good for KOM road climbs and blasting bridleways. Mine’s been around the world and has ridden routes that neither a road bike or a MTB would be as suited to. I’m a fan…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘new bike at last. a day of waiting, pain then pleasure. and a beautiful shand’ is closed to new replies.