New Bike arriving Thurs, what justifications have you given to the family before

Home Forum Bike Forum New Bike arriving Thurs, what justifications have you given to the family before

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • New Bike arriving Thurs, what justifications have you given to the family before
  • The Pilot

I just ordered a new CX bike and was feeling a bit guilty about it.
    Told my gf who said: do you need it?
    Um, not really.
    Do you want it?
    Oh yes.
    Well there you are then.
    Bless ‘er!

Oh and A btw. Give STW a laugh if nothing else.

Hairychested

As Nick says. You could then tell her your mate gave you one 😉

Premier Icon kennyp
    Subscriber

Worts mistake I made was when I got my new Spesh Tricross. When MrsKenny queried it I described it as a sort of “do everything bike”.

I knew it was a mistake as soon as I said it, for sure enough the reply came back “So you can get rid of the other five then I presume?”.

My problem is I’m addicted to getting a new bike each year through the Bike2Work scheme.

Hairychested

When I sold a frame recently and said to my wife I was happy with what I had, she said to me: Find yourself a new frame, the wheels, forks, all the lot you have, you know you need it.
    I dutifully obliged. New frame will arrive soon.

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

With my ex husband, I used to keep quiet about new bikes til one day he did a headcount in the garage. 😳 Fortunately he couldn’t remember the colours. 😀

I regularly kept frames and suspension forks in the back of my wardrobe. 🙄

Jase

I have a days grace, won’t be here until Friday 🙂

mcinnes

Personally I agree with what Convert said on page 1 of this thread. Sage words.

ken_shields

Has she got a sister or a best mate?

Film yourself doing the dirty with either/or and show your mrs the video and I guarantee she will not give you a hard time over the bike

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘New Bike arriving Thurs, what justifications have you given to the family before’ is closed to new replies.