Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • New Bike arriving Thurs, what justifications have you given to the family before
  • ThePilot
    Free Member

I just ordered a new CX bike and was feeling a bit guilty about it.
    Told my gf who said: do you need it?
    Um, not really.
    Do you want it?
    Oh yes.
    Well there you are then.
    Bless ‘er!

Oh and A btw. Give STW a laugh if nothing else.

Hairychested
    Free Member

As Nick says. You could then tell her your mate gave you one 😉

kennyp
    Free Member

Worts mistake I made was when I got my new Spesh Tricross. When MrsKenny queried it I described it as a sort of “do everything bike”.

I knew it was a mistake as soon as I said it, for sure enough the reply came back “So you can get rid of the other five then I presume?”.

My problem is I’m addicted to getting a new bike each year through the Bike2Work scheme.

Hairychested
    Free Member

When I sold a frame recently and said to my wife I was happy with what I had, she said to me: Find yourself a new frame, the wheels, forks, all the lot you have, you know you need it.
    I dutifully obliged. New frame will arrive soon.

cinnamon_girl

With my ex husband, I used to keep quiet about new bikes til one day he did a headcount in the garage. 😳 Fortunately he couldn’t remember the colours. 😀

I regularly kept frames and suspension forks in the back of my wardrobe. 🙄

Jase
    Free Member

I have a days grace, won’t be here until Friday 🙂

mcinnes
    Free Member

Personally I agree with what Convert said on page 1 of this thread. Sage words.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Has she got a sister or a best mate?

Film yourself doing the dirty with either/or and show your mrs the video and I guarantee she will not give you a hard time over the bike

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘New Bike arriving Thurs, what justifications have you given to the family before’ is closed to new replies.