Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Bike
  • toonfan
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a new steed after killing my old Zesty. I’m thinking of going back to a hardtail for simplicity and ease of maintenance. I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to these two:

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-ht-725-gx-eagle/build/#Bike/Style

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/YBTIFLSLX/titus-fireline-shimano-slx-titanium-mountain-bike

I’m probably more keen on the planet x but the 29″ wheels are putting me off a little. I’ve only ever rode 26″.

What do you all think?

BadlyWiredDog

Steed? But you’ll be fine with a 29er even if it feels odd at first. You don’t have much choice these days anyway.

weeksy

When can you get the Ribble?

sc-xc

That Ribble is lovely. I’m in a similar boat and that may make it onto my shortlist…

toonfan
    Free Member

The estimated despatch date for the Ribble is the 29th of October.

Riksbar

Just picked up the Ribble HT725 base model about 3 weeks ago. Had some Pikes, Guides and a dropper to add and loving the ride so far.

p7eaven
    Free Member

But you’ll be fine with a 29er even if it feels odd at first. You don’t have much choice these days anyway.

+1 Went from 26 to 29 in 2017 and never looked back (not wholly true as I run a 26er hardtail alongside 😎)

Have never ridden 27.5 tho. Would like to try.

iainc

I was tempted by that Ribble however went for a Giant Fathom 1 which is ideal for me.

I am selling a nearly new Sensa Merano Evo 29er in medium…

joebristol

I wouldn’t worry about the 27.5/29er thing – both will take a bit of getting used to.

Personally I’d take the Ribble for the nice steel frame and better fork spec (35 gold is heavy and basic) – although if budget allows I’d upgrade to the Pike over the revelation.

I wouldn’t fancy a cheap Ti frame personally but YMMV.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Bike’ is closed to new replies.