Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • New Aphex Twin LP
  • peterfile
    Free Member

Aphex Twin has just revealed that he lives just outside Glasgow (Rolling Stone).

I’m frantically trying to remember whether I’ve ever been stood behind him at the supermarket 🙂

traildog
    Free Member

Drukqs was pretty mellow and very musical and interesting. While I understand you don’t like the noiser stuff, I really don’t understand how you can say he sold out. Making music you don’t like does not mean selling out. I would say if he just carrying on rehashing the formula then that would be selling out.

Whatever he did would get the air time because of who he is and what he has done in the past. And I’m sure you like some of the other tracks on Come to daddy, even if you don’t like the title track.

yossarian
    Free Member

Let’s go

Jamie
    Free Member

Nice one Yossarian.

Now with 10% more embededness.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAJ8KLGqis[/video]

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

ooof That’s good….

peterfile
    Free Member

I think you can follow the live streaming release HERE

disco_stu
    Free Member

I quite like it, sounds quite like The Tuss, I will be interested to hear the rest of the tracks.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

like it.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m a little bit worried that I liked it straight away! Was hoping for something requiring a little more work.. but so many things going on, repeated listens will reveal different layers. Definitely looking forward to hearing more.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Gets a thumbs up from me 😀

GregMay
    Free Member

I like.

kelvin

I didn’t like that for the first few listens… but now love it.

It sounds like a different track each time I listen to it.

Wondered if they were getting YouTube/soundcloud to play different versions of the track on each play. Which obviously they aren’t, but it sounds like they are.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Coincidentally, I found this in ikea…

Its a green kallax! 😯

schrickvr6
    Free Member

http://honestjons.com/shop/artist/Aphex_Twin/release/Syro Sounds like the best stuff he’s made for a long long time….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

The mini pops mix is wicked really looking forward to it now. Love the name too, very much like him .

Opening track reminds me alot of

aphex twin mix of course

scruff
    Free Member

tick.

GregMay
    Free Member

Ohh that reminds me of something *turns on updates*

Now that is the rest of my afternoon listening sorted.

bigjim

er, you aren’t sharing the album there are you?

Jamie
    Free Member

@yossarian.

Dude! 😡

yossarian
    Free Member

bigjim – nope, not mine.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Only half way through listening to it but really liking it so far. I’m sure I’ll notice far more when I listen a 2nd/3rd/4th time and without the distraction of the kids milling about!

BTW, how much does it cost on iTunes In the Uk? $17 dollars over here in Oz, which is under a tenner at the moment….

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Love the first four tracks, 180db sounds really annoying but it does pick up again for the rest of the album.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘New Aphex Twin LP’ is closed to new replies.