Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • New Aphex Twin LP
  • Jamie
    Free Member

He’s been pissing about all week, but now the new album has been announced via Tor.

For those not a fan of .onions, here is what the Tor link displays:

There is a http mirror of the Tor link, but it doesn’t give you any track names etc, but does show you all the information your browser vomits onto the web when it browses 8)

https://syro2eznzea2xbpi.com/

DezB
    Free Member

Not much for the ears there then…

He’s just using this
    MaxMind’s GeoIP2 products enable you to identify the location, organization, connection speed, and user type of your Internet visitors. The GeoIP2 databases are among the most popular and accurate IP geolocation databases available.

fin25
    Free Member

A new LP would be bloody fantastic.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I cannot f*cking wait for this I adore this man. Nearly as much as Dennis Bergkamp and that is saying something

DezB
    Free Member

A new LP would be bloody fantastic.

Let’s hope so.

superfli
    Free Member

Awesomes. I eagerly await, whilst I lick Windows

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Just hope it’s more SAWV3 than Come To Daddy. 😆

ajantom

I was at a festival in Cornwall 2 weeks ago where he was the secret headliner.
    Which was nice 😀

p7rich
    Free Member

Anything in all that twonk give us a release date??

Jamie
    Free Member

Some people just like to moan.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

FSOL new album too…..

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Is that that whiney sounding guy who sings with a wholly annoying exaggerated ecottish accent? Or am I thinking of some other irritating mob?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Do you mean Travis?

p7rich
    Free Member

glasgowdan – Member
    Is that that whiney sounding guy who sings with a wholly annoying exaggerated ecottish accent? Or am I thinking of some other irritating mob?

Arab Strap?

Jamie – Freeloader!

Some people just like to moan.[/quote]

I am partial to the odd grumble. 🙁 . Perusing the bumph suggests Sep time. 🙂

CountZero

glasgowdan – Member

Kenneth McKeller?

yunki
    Free Member

The press release is revealing 😀

Announcing ‘Syro’ – A new album by Aphex Twin to be released on Warp Records 22/23 September.

Whenever one of the most celebrated and influential electronic fartist, Richard D. James can compete with the music flip to influence built. The better part of a decagon, James Polygon Window, Caustic Window, GAK and maintain, including `Aphex Twin has unreleased music under several thousand monikers great pace.

Began in the late 1780s and 90s during a turn in its manufacturing and technical skills, and nikharana Cornwallo, England grows, James, as a young maniton in various shops started DJing. Area of various musical score, James Analogue Booblebath EP was released in 1891, the results of the first series, he decided to record his gown music. Another influential London radio station piss FM’s attention, and then label immediately signed him to their rooster, then post & poplieereRS. That same year, James Acid shithouse to promote the song and trying to lift Grant Wilson-CLARIDGE on a biscuit founded his label Rephlex Records. Selekted Flambient Works moving to London and Release 85-92: After a while, the two main points to be made, round the bend

More immediate and critical success of his debut internationally. Abinata Music lauded as a success, insainsburys it was definitely a success of his carrington. Full steam ahead barreling out that several other singles and EPS are given, and in 1493 was a record collapse. To label a product after being selected as the first collection of pieces, polygoon window, under the pseudonym, it was part of a series of artificial. 2, released in 1994.

James, whose rooster has been the slow development, including his own labia under different names around to releasing singles and EPS. Her next full-length record together since 1995 … I think it she will be issued. Records have been working on for the past few years, and his experience hardcore and lush abinata textures found his style, and his facial features on the cover of the first issue, the various incarnations of present Omnipresent, which is marked by an icing in the world of music was culled Aphex Gemini (equal recognition with logo).

1896 under the name Aphex Twin record his fourth eponymous EP Girl / boy. This collection of 90s ‘nTV era is the result of the video, in which he praised the music video director Crease Cunningham saw: Teaming in a way that my Daddy (1997) and Windowlickie (1999), EPS, was followed.

Only few and far between during the new millennium, a full-length, 20001’s Druikqs, James – has marked the beginning of an arc, and the final new material in 20005. A lot of the music in any way is often a lack of communication and leadership to be fallacious rumors of new material for his fannies and his enthusiasm has not diminished hope. However ambitious this year, 9014, they uncovered new mats in almost a decade distribution crowdfund rallied together his army of fans: A precious gift that can not be the same as the new Phex Twinnipicks material is still unquenched thirst.

Syria, September 22, 2014, along with records of Aphex Twin’s new album to be released. For the owner of Triple vinyl, CD and digital formats will be available. Bleep a very limited vinyl version you can register your interest in buying.

Jamie
    Free Member

Reminds me of the intro to the Rephlex Showcase on R1 many moons ago…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2eYOwvcIc[/video]

Edit: Christ!…(hoho)…that was 12 years ago 😡

GregMay
    Free Member

😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

His bad stuff is as bad as his good stuff is good if you catch my drift. Some of his good stuff is awesome.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Heliosphan is his best track by far also XTAL

onandon
    Free Member

The first cd I ever purchased was the ventolin ep

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGLy3l4CgU[/video]

disco_stu
    Free Member

Luckily enough for me I got to see Aphex at Bloc 11, the queues to get into the room were horrendous to begin with.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Thank god he’s back, loved Aphex Twin since I took a punt on selected ambient works volume 2 in 1994

The Tuss album he didn’t bring out a few years ago is worth a listen, but that definitely wasn’t him

patriotpro
    Free Member

Don’t know if any of you saw him play at the Orbit but he got bottled by the crowd he was that bad!

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Just hope it’s more SAWV3 than Come To Daddy.

What? Are ye mad?

Lushness

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpSdQpSmg6s[/video]

disco_stu
    Free Member

Don’t know if any of you saw him play at the Orbit but he got bottled by the crowd he was that bad!

I heard something similar happened to Laurent Garnier when he played a drum & bass track , the Orbit crowd loved their 4×4 pounding techno which Aphex wasn’t really going to play.

kelvin

Pre-ordered from japan to get the bonus track… I hope it’s not just a recording of a vacuum cleaner, or a prank call.

themilo
    Free Member

He DJ’d the opening night of a friends club in Manchester many moons ago. I was sat behind him on the stage marvelling at his skills/vinyl collection when he turned around and asked if I’d mind sharing the joint id just been handed. Passing Rich that smoke remains one my giddiest moments. Not sure if that’s sad or not but hey ho 😀

schrickvr6
    Free Member

What? Are ye mad?

Lushness

Eh? You really think the likes of Come To Daddy and Rubber Johnny are as good as this? Sadly he sold out….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nevnq7MvVTI[/video]

yossarian
    Free Member

Sadly he sold out….

I’ve read some ill informed bollocks on this site before but I think that is going to be hard to beat.

chvck
    Free Member

Eh? You really think the likes of Come To Daddy and Rubber Johnny are as good as this?

Yes, better in fact…

kelvin

sold out !.!.?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Not in the traditional sense and not everything he’s done, but the ‘newer’ noisy stuff accompanied by a shock factor Gondry or Cunningham video were a world away from his early, more musical work, and in my opinion were squarely targeted at MTV air time and making the man millions. Give me the likes of Analogue Bubblebath,AFX, Didgeridoo EP any day, music with soul. Selected Ambient Works to me is a perfect album,a classic, and the best thing he has done by a huge margin.

kelvin

So, he moved on musically, and worked with visual artists.
    If that’s selling out… I want more please!

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Not in the traditional sense and not everything he’s done, but the ‘newer’ noisy stuff accompanied by a shock factor Gondry or Cunningham video were a world away from his early, more musical work, and in my opinion were squarely targeted at MTV air time and making the man millions. Give me the likes of Analogue Bubblebath,AFX, Didgeridoo EP any day, music with soul. Selected Ambient Works to me is a perfect album,a classic, and the best thing he has done by a huge margin.

Oi, Mr James, please keep producing music as you have been for a while. I’m not ready for your tastes to change. Just keep playing your nice stuff, and try to keep enthused with it. Thanks.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Apologies for having good taste and an opinion. 😉
    Anyway, I like what I’ve heard from the new album.

rephlexer

Praise the Analord – New RDJ !

*any analord fanbois in?

rephlexer

embedded even:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q0Zn4KLvFs[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

“Sadly he sold out….”

That appearance on X-Factor really destroyed his credibility.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘New Aphex Twin LP’ is closed to new replies.