Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • New Akrigg vid
  • nedrapier

couldn’t really give a flying **** what brand of bike he’s on.

This is what’s always confused me about the Mongoose tie up.  Can’t really see how it works for Mongoose.  Akrigg makes a point of riding anything on anything, including the kiddie bikes and the cheapo fixies, so no-one’s looking at the bikes he’s riding and thinking “wow those bikes are really capable”

His riding is more impressive the more you realise what he’s doing and how difficult it really is before he makes it look easy.  It’s not really as obviously impressive to the relative newbie as say, Danny Mac’s

So who’s watching these and rushing down to halfords to buy a Mongoose?  Not the long-time rider who really appreciates the elegance and rowdy finesse of what he’s doing, and not the newbie who’s instantly impressed by how he’s riding.

Maybe it’s just older riders feeling better about buying a Mongoose for their kids?

walleater

“Maybe a stupid question, but anyone know how that’s filmed?  Is it a drone following him up that rocky climb at 0:50?”

I just rode along behind him one handed. I nearly stalled once but otherwise it was pretty easy.

geex
    Free Member

lol

whitestone
    Free Member

Maybe a stupid question, but anyone know how that’s filmed?  Is it a drone following him up that rocky climb at 0:50?

Hand held gimbal mounted camera I think. In one or two of the shots you can see the camera’s shadow in either bottom left or bottom right. If it was a drone then at that height and looking up you’d catch sight of the rotors.

hardtailonly

Ilkley, Shipley Glen, Howarth, Skipton ish. (Not in that order)

Don’t know the Howarth or Skipton bits but recognise the rest. Was there not a section, towards the end, on Otley Chevin … Top of “The Full Jedi” descent for the locals among us?

Edit. @2.32. Just had a second look and not so sure now.

Brainflex

Does he buckle his rear wheel at 2.40?

AlexSimon

@2.32 is the Skipton bit.

@2.40 I reckon the sound was a burping tyre

Rich_s

Bit different…

bigdean

Is that Leigh Ramsdale?

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

That is indeed Leigh Ramsdell, I think he’s a product manager or team manager for Mongoose now.

matt_outandabout

That was fun…

DezB
    Free Member

Fun indeed 🙂

geex
    Free Member

That was awesome.
    Just watched it twice with my youngest and she’s gone to bed thinking Chris rides around doing tricks with a man and a BMX in his paniers.

😀

Spin
    Free Member

I think I have a bit of a man crush on Chris Akrigg.

senorj

Ha. me too.

iamtheresurrection

I think I prefer watching his videos over any others. One minute it’s a fixie, a hardtail, a full sus, motorbike, a road bike or winning the hill climb up the cobbles on a single speed. He can just ride anything seemingly.

The lack of pro-edits and multi camera angles means some people aren’t seeing just how difficult the stuff he’s doing is, or maybe he’s just making it look easy. Either way, I think he’s a very powerful, very skilful rider.

slackalice
    Free Member

The word that springs into my mind when I watch him ride is: sublime.

paton
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Fair play.
    What a nice chap.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Akrigg 😀

As usual inspirational.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
    I.

Lionheart
    Free Member

My favourite bike vids, he rides like I do in my dreams.

senorj

Very good. Again. ta.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Chris Akrigg: the man with the MTB world’s funniest slo-mo face!

Is that a motorbike helmet though? Looks a bit like one…

IvanMTB
    Free Member

It is Giro Switchblade with removed chin guard. It is very moto-like but surprisingly comfy.

Putting it on, especially with chin guard is a bit of a task though 🙂

Especially if you are big-eared xD

Cheers!
    I.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If Colin Furze rode bikes…

cokie

Awesome video. Amazing how creative he is with a feature.
    I’ve dreamed of similar things when I’ve ridden past fallen trees. Sometimes looks like a natural quarter pipe. His perseverance is awesome!

Is that a motorbike helmet though? Looks a bit like one…

Giro Switchblade- he comes from moto trails roots, so suits his riding down the ground.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Just seen this, nice to see a video that gives more of a behind the scenes aspect, rather than all the polished edits that convey perfection.

That said, I remember seeing Chris compete in head to head speed trials at Bike ’99 and his skills border on the superhuman… 20 years later and he’s still none too shabby for an old fella.

Hard to think of another rider with such a well deserved cult following

paton
    Free Member

weeksy

That’s just incomprehensible.

funkmasterp

He’s brilliant. For me nobody else comes close.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Amazing as always. What boggles my mind even more is what marketing gold Mongoose have in Chris, yet where the hell could you even buy a Mongoose mtb in the UK? They really should just let him draw something up and I’m sure its sell by the container-full.

matt_outandabout

Did I just see a backwards fakie manual, a standing start wall ride and a most amazing piece of technical climbing..?

Wonderful stuff Mr Akrigg

mlbaker
    Free Member

Yes the backwards manual to fakie is awesome!

I think Mongoose are clever having Akrigg. They’ve got probably the best all round rider, capable of riding all their range, a range targeted to a lower end/beginner/kids section that is the biggest market for selling bikes too.

Bikes clearly capable, despite their cost, to world class riding.

kayak23

Love the pedal up the tree move 😎

big_scot_nanny

That fella can climb! Sheesh, stunning!

IvanMTB
    Free Member

That fella can climb!

It must be Akrigg, when you can see rider going up hill faster than you can ever dream about going down hill 😀

Cheers!
    I.

colournoise

Astonishing stuff. Love watching Akrigg ride.

Rich_s

New one up.

I guess I’m a little bit disappointed by him not riding the whole thing on the drops, but see what you think…

😉

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

edit : old post

great vid as always

iwluap

lovely stuff!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘New Akrigg vid’ is closed to new replies.