Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • New Airdrop Edit!
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve also looked at the RAAW but have the same question, is it actually better enough to justify the extra?

I’m thinking of the Ohlins shock but as I picked up a Fox 38 Factory at the right price during the CRC fire sale, I shall be fitting that.

sharkattack

I can only see £500 difference frame price for both framesets with the Ohlins coil.

I don’t really need a Madonna as I’m keeping my ‘trail’ bike for big days out. I’d be quite happy with an Edit for bike parks and uplifts and general arsing around on.

As an only bike for doing everything I’d choose the Madonna no questions asked.

Onzadog
    Free Member

You’re right, not as much difference as I thought. You can get a longer dropper in an Airdrop though.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Eulach have you had it on the scales yet.

v7fmp

Madonna is about £2400 (with an ohlins air shock), then factor in 20% import etc, plus postage, plus whatever fee the courier puts on and you are knocking on the door of £3000 delivered.

Unless i have that totally wrong, which if so, someone correct me and i will place my order today!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I agree that you add 20% vat, but don’t you also remove 19% German vat? Or do they list prices with out?

v7fmp

im guessing it knows my location, as a Frame, with Ohlins air shock, plus shipping is £2419 to pay.

Then i assume the VAT once it hits our shores.

Or €3265 if i collect, which then mentions local taxes.

So yeah, a chunk load more than an Airdrop. But i appreciate they are mildly different bikes.

sharkattack

Damn I totally forgot about Brexit tax. I’d prefer to drive to Raaw HQ with an envelope full of Euro’s and beg for a bike just out of spite.

v7fmp

yeah, it sucks massive donkey dong!

Onzadog
    Free Member

“Damn I totally forgot about Brexit tax. I’d prefer to drive to Raaw HQ with an envelope full of Euro’s and beg for a bike just out of spite.”

Group road trip?

sharkattack

It’s harder to justify considering I can ride to Airdrop HQ in about 90 seconds and it’s downhill all the way!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Uphill on the way back though.

goby

Do love the airdrop edit mx, would love to ride one to give a spin but will have to live it vicariously through you @Onzadog and this thread!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Looks like @eulach might be the first to offer some real world reviews.

eulach

Not this weekend I won’t. My ridewrap kit just arrived so that’s the first job, I might get the forks and bb fitted by monday. I’ll get the scales out later – I bought it for uplifts so weight wasn’t really a consideration.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Madonna is apparently 10 1/2 pounds with coil, so hopefully the edit can beat that as well as the price. Ha ha edited due to just woke up confusion.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The Edit has a slightly higher bottom bracket as well which I think will be advantageous in the Peak.

Also, I get the keep my headset from the diner bike. Having said that, I could have kept my dropper for the RAAW.

Was there a sneaky edit in there @noeffsgiven?

eulach

4.7kg on the bathroom scales which are NOT reliable – so no real difference on an s3 to the raaw (unless you want to subtract the weight of the helitape).

With daffodils instead of öhlins. The frame protection is on so maybe forks this avo…

IMG_8660

p.s. don’t rush the ridewrap – I got a couple of bubbles on the downtube, should’ve done the chainstays first ‘cos there not so critical.

seriousrikk

should’ve done the chainstays first ‘cos there not so critical

Thanks for the timely reminder.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I wasn’t sure about the Sean Grean colour but it looks really good in the sunlight.

Onzadog
    Free Member

@eulach, any feedback yet?

eulach

No, sorry. I built the wheels up and fitted the headset but then got caught out by Praxis BB standards. I was kind of hoping the Öhlins shock would turn up before I got too far into the build. The RS shock has a bit less travel and I didn’t want to cut the chain too short. Chur bike park has opened so I hope that will encourage me to get my finger out with the build.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I wasn’t sure about the Sean Grean colour but it looks really good in the sunlight

Does it?

I was thinking more Qualcast or out of the way 1950’s scout hut touched u where u wee thru. Looks heavy as well 😉

goby

I like the green, haha yeah just like the old Qualcast mowers!

Looking forward to a ride report and pics soon @eulach

sharkattack

That Chur bikepark place looks amazing on Youtube. I’m trying to figure out how to squeeze it in on the way to Morzine this year, or maybe on the way home.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.