Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • New Airdrop Edit!
  • anagallis_arvensis

Looks awesome.

Love the music too!

Plus a tick for having a dog

v7fmp

Yeah, looks pretty good!

wouldn’t mind trying one out.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s certainly caught my eye. Would love to see more about the kinematics.

UDH so will work with T-type transmission. 34.9 seat tube and 200mm disc mounts.

Looks a lot like a modern version of my old Turner 6 Pack.

bikerevivesheffield

That’s the only bike that would take me away from Bird

stevie750

That looks lovely,

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Wonder if the raw colour option will have raw stays this time like the one above, a silver rocker option like the one on the Slacker frame would be nice and look way better imho, the current raw option looks like the back end was warranty replaced and they only had them available in black.

nickc

The Edit V1 was a bunch of fun, so anything they’ve done to improve on it is only going to make it better. When the enduro gives up the ghost I’ll be getting another .

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s the only bike that would take me away from Bird

My Aeris 9 is pretty similar to this in mullet mode.

It has more adaptability to take full 29 and switch from 160mm to 180mm rear travel – but this frame might slightly edge it if I only wanted mullet. Sometimes less is more.

Wonder if they’re from the same factory.

benpinnick

Wonder if they’re from the same factory.

Not unless Airdrop changed factory.

sharkattack

Good point about the stays, I never noticed. I never did like the mistmatched raw/black colour scheme. This is much better.

Could even send it to Steve the Anodiser and get a wicked rainbow fade on it.

I really like it but maybe not enough to be crushed by the knowledge of how much my current frame is worth on the used market.

mashr

My Aeris 9 is pretty similar to this in mullet mode.

Bit of a hijack, but what have you done to mullet the 9? The Bird website kinda mentions it but no specifics. I assume you’ve not just shoved in a rear wheel and cracked on?

deanfbm
    Free Member

The aeris 9 is so close to what I want, but not quite enough to go for it.

Can run a 160mm fork or a longer dual crown, yes please.

Can run as long as possible dropper, yes.

Can run a water bottle, yes.

External cable routing, yes.

Aluminium, yes.

Mullet day to day, no. My reckoning would put it with a 160mm fork with a touch over 63* ha, about 330mm bb height and a probably 76* seat angle.

Wheres this airdrop ticks all the boxes for me, for an adaptable enduro/uplift bike that will be fun.

benpinnick

There is a mullet linkage in test which gives you the full ‘experience’ with mixed wheels… https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxi1E65s4ch/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

cokie

Interesting that Airdrop at sticking to 27.5″ across most bikes when Bird are dropping it.
    Anyway, looks great! Really like this.

sharkattack

There is a mullet linkage in test which gives you the full ‘experience’ with mixed wheels…

Yeah but have you tried it on any big drops?

Interesting that Airdrop at sticking to 27.5″ across most bikes when Bird are dropping it.

It’s not a bad idea actually. If you absolutely must have 27.5 they’ll be the only place you can buy from. They’ll corner the market for Instagram berm slashers.

Just read on Pinkbike that the raw frames will be all one colour and it won’t be actually raw it’ll be brushed and clear powder coated. Sounds good to me. My last truly raw frame looked dull and dirty at all times.

honourablegeorge

Onzadog

It’s certainly caught my eye.

Yeah, it’s very clean and simple

squealer
    Free Member

Wonder if the raw colour option will have raw stays this time like the one above

cross your fingers they do a limited edition like my 5th anniversary one

mashr

There is a mullet linkage in test which gives you the full ‘experience’ with mixed wheels… https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxi1E65s4ch/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

tested on the new Glentress red I see

Crag
    Free Member

I really like the look of it – very tempted.

mashr

“We only do smaller wheels” was their USP

zerocool

I like 275 wheels. I enjoyed 29 wheels when my goal was to go as fast as possible, but now my aim is to mess around more on the trails.

bikerevivesheffield

Screenshot_20231012_062850_Instagram

tuboflard

FFS. Bastards.

Onzadog
    Free Member

FFS, a very desirable bike, but I didn’t know it was that much of a must have.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bit of a hijack, but what have you done to mullet the 9? The Bird website kinda mentions it but no specifics. I assume you’ve not just shoved in a rear wheel and cracked on?

Well, Bird’s advice was to stick a 27.5 rear wheel in and crack on. In the short/high flip chip setting.

It works very well though. I was riding them back-to-back in Pila & Verbier last month and found there’s a real and useful difference on different kinds of trails.

Looks like Ben’s suggesting they are doing a mullet link after all now though? It was previously abandoned I thought.

I would like to try the mullet with the 445mm chainstay setting, but I won’t bother buying another linkage to do so.

benpinnick

Looks like Ben’s suggesting they are doing a mullet link after all now though? It was previously abandoned I thought.

Its the same linkage as we originally designed, it causes ‘workstand’ problems for cable routing which we don’t think will be a problem in real use, but we’re giving it an extended test to be sure. Unfortunately you cant really replicate a years worth of riding in crap conditions without crap conditions + 1 year. So its taking a while!

Sucks for Airdrop; getting robbed is a PITA but comes with the territory now I guess 🙁

goby

Ah gutted for them its got pinched!!! I was liking this as my first foray into a fs bike for many years if my lottery win comes up as wife said no Booo

sharkattack

Thieving shitheads. That’s why my last 2 vans have had ground anchors inside them. They’re not secure at all so I chained them up every time.

chakaping
    Free Member

Its the same linkage as we originally designed, it causes ‘workstand’ problems for cable routing which we don’t think will be a problem in real use, but we’re giving it an extended test to be sure.

Ah right, cheers.

I suspect the flip chip method may be more usable for lazy riders like me, as you can do it in the car park, between runs on uplift etc.

When I got the bike, I thought the different linkages for rear travel would be handy for me, but the mullet option has been far more useful in the real world. I just rode it at 160mm rear for my entire Alps trip.

mashr

Will try to end the hijack now, but some good info there thanks. I think mulleting as-is will be lower (and slacker) than I’m aiming for, the 29er geometry is pretty much bang on. Will keep an eye out for where the mullet link lands, although I think I might just have to get used to the occasional tyre stripe on my bum

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Hopefully they’re dumb smack heads and will get rumbled soon, if they’re smart and follow Airdrop’s social it’s probably already stripped for parts and the front triangle is binned, either way they want their hands chopping off, shame Airdrop didn’t airtag it, sadly quite necessary these days, slapped wrist justice system offers SFA deterrent for these scumbags.

superstu
    Free Member

Think it looks very nice and clean. Always liked the look of them but prefer a 29r, so this piques my interest

v7fmp

bit of a bump….

Has anyone got the new Edit MX?

Pics? Ride reports? Tell me!! 🙂

sharkattack

No but in the 5 month lifespan of this thread I still haven’t cleared the garage out to see if I can raise enough money for an Edit MX frame and fork.

Where does the time go?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Got a test ride booked next month. More to confirm size as I’m already stock piling bits for the build so mentally at least, I’ve already bought one.

If I don’t like it on the test ride, anyone interested in a 34.9 Bikeyoke dropper?

v7fmp

Nice one @onzadog , let us know how you get on.

Which sizes are you trying?

Onzadog
    Free Member

S3 and S2. Being 5’10” I’m on the cusp as always. Supposed to be an advantage of being average height but it feels more like a curse.

I’m looking for a long ride around the Peak bike so think the S3 will be better due to the longer effective top tube.

sharkattack

I know I’d need an S4. It’s bang in between my 2 current bikes and I don’t want to go any shorter. I’m 6’2″.

I really want the frame with the Ohlins coil. It’s only the price of the matching fork that puts me off. You can’t find an RXF38 half price anywhere like you can with a Zeb. I’d settle for 20% off!

I’m also wondering if I’d be better off with a Madonna V3 which is probably the better all rounder and a nicer place to sit and pedal. I like the longer chainstays, steeper SA and the ability to run a big rear wheel.

eulach

ad

I’m waiting on the yellow shock. Airdrop had some supply/delivery problems but they were superb with sorting stuff out and keeping in contact. A really pleasant and personal service.

v7fmp

@onzadog – I think I will be in the same boat, although I am 5’ 9, but my previous bike had a 480mm reach and my current a 472mm. But know something with a touch less might be easier to ride/throw about.

its a shame I am so far from Sheffield!!

@sharkattack
    – I dragged this thread back up, as I want a Madonna, but wonder if its £1200-ish better than an airdrop (frame and shock price wise).

@eulach
    – looks good. What size?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.