Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Never mind Songs of Praise, it's Countryfile that hacks me off!
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

Twee townie welly telly and that incessant, infantile background ‘music’ is teeth-grindingly obnoxious!

Here in the wilds of Zuzzex Country file is a swear word. I’d like to give them all the Deliverance treatment…

Mooly
    Free Member

What do you mean. You don’t enjoy a bit of Lama racing on a Sunday evening?

CountZero

Don’t watch it then. 🙄

c_klein87

how can you dislike a section on Lama’s?

bruneep

how can you dislike a section on Lama’s

I really hate them, was at a farm that had Lamas few of them spat at me nasty nasty things.

boxfish
    Free Member

Dalai Lamas?

psling
    Free Member

I quite enjoy it (in an acknowledging that it’s made for Sunday evening TV kind of way).
    Matt is from Durham hill-farming stock and Adam is a hands-on Cotswolds gentleman farmer so they’re not exactly townies themselves and I enjoy seeing the different areas they visit. And, the weather forecast is pretty useful.
    All in all, a good way to wind down at the end of the weekend 8)

Ooh! ‘core DHers…

MrSparkle

What tyres for Country file?

robbo
    Free Member

And now £20 a day to ride in a wood. Haha! Reality check all round needed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

scraping the barrel for your daily whingey moany whiney snivelling sneering thread for today cressers aren’t you?

Mooly
    Free Member

Log Shute. Sweet.

ratherbeintobago

Was that Rob Penn as in It’s All About The Bike?

Mog
    Free Member

ratherbeintobago – Member
    Was that Rob Penn as in It’s All About The Bike?

It was. I thought the same thing. Great book.

footflaps

Don’t normally watch it, but we watched the Price Charles special edition the other week, was pretty good (for TV).

psling
    Free Member

He lives in the Black Mountains so is local to the base for this week’s episode.

Rob Penn that is, not HRH 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Phh. What’s it like to be soooo perfect, eh, OP?
    What DO you like so we can rip that to shreds, come on, fess up!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What DO you like so we can rip that to shreds, come on, fess up!

He posts dull whiny threads on here, but that would be too easy to rip to shreds. 🙂

drlex
    Free Member

Dalai Lamas?

Dial a Llama?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He posts dull whiny threads on here, but that would be too easy to rip to shreds.

True, true.
    I’m just not that miserable, I don’t think! 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Bunnyhop

I love countryfile, infact so much so that I record it to watch later on.
    Better than soaps, reality rubbish such as big brother, up the jungle, skating on thin ice etc.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you took your big brother up the jungle, I imagine you would be skating on thin ice.

IGMC

Bunnyhop

Would that be a Barbour?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me likeee Countryfile, T’is almost real life on a Farm, almost.

Thou Julia is wearing too much makeup these days for my liking. Much too much.

Pook

Perhaps the £20 a day was the approximate price for an uplift…..

Aristotle
    Free Member

I sometimes catch Country File when I’m at the In-laws’. It has its moments and it is better than 95% of what is on TV.

It’s not all ‘safe’ though. Wasn’t there some scandal about them ditching an older female presenter for younger, attractive, Ellie(?) a few years ago?

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Don’t normally watch it, but we watched the Price Charles special edition the other week, was pretty good (for TV).

I watched that too and came out of it thinking that big ears is actually a top bloke. The work he does with his charity group to regenerate our countryside and help young entrepreneurs is commendable. Not to mention the pachwork tweed/leather jacket he was sporting 😀

DickBarton

Is this the new IT Middle Management Top Gear rant then?

Northwind

I like Matt Baker and Julia Bradbury as presenters, and they usually seem to give them interesting features. Adam’s a **** though. “Farming’s really hard, that’s why I’m driving around in my 10th brand new 4×4 since we started filming, pissing around with rare breeds.” ****.

Getting furious at Adam the **** is my favourite bit if I’m honest. Or Matt failing amiably at some other pointless task and really not looking like be could give a crap.

TheWrongTrousers

Thou Julia is wearing too much makeup these days for my liking. Much too much.

FTFY !
    😀

senorj

Adam’s a **** though. “Farming’s really hard, that’s why I’m driving around in my 10th brand new 4×4 since we started filming, pissing around with rare breeds.” ****.

That’s true , everytime it’s on he seems to be driving a brand new piece of farm equipment with a new jacket.

imnotverygood

^ well at least it portrays farmers in an accurate way.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

in other first world problems…..

psling
    Free Member

Adam and his father have done/do a lot of good work in livestock circles and their Cotswold Wildlife Park is a great day out for the family.

Given his high profile I bet vehicle and machinery companies are throwing their wares at him to get product placement.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

its the only place to get the five day weather forecast, unless you up at 2am, but for a whinge thread,surely there must be other more deserving targets……

dave360

I’d put a bet on a Dalai Lama race. But I’m not a tibetan man…

tomchatt
    Free Member

What bugs me about the programme is the fact that Julia Bradbury wears a different set of clothes for almost every scene. Last night she was in a Mammut goretex cag which cost over £500 – yes more than £500 for a blooming cag!!!!!!!!!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

ohnohesback – Member

Twee townie welly telly and that incessant, infantile background ‘music’ is teeth-grindingly obnoxious!

Here in the wilds of Zuzzex Country file is a swear word. I’d like to give them all the Deliverance treatment…

Try this, you might find it helpful

Northwind

psling – Member

Adam and his father have done/do a lot of good work in livestock circles and their Cotswold Wildlife Park is a great day out for the family.

Given his high profile I bet vehicle and machinery companies are throwing their wares at him to get product placement.

No problem with that- it’s the “oh farming is so hard” stuff that makes him a ****. Oh it’s so hard, if it wasn’t for the massive advert I get on the BBC every week I wouldn’t be able to afford as many collector’s edition cows. This one’s gold plated! Gotta catch em all!

****!

nealglover
    Free Member

What bugs me about the programme is the fact that Julia Bradbury wears a different set of clothes for almost every scene. Last night she was in a Mammut goretex cag which cost over £500 – yes more than £500 for a blooming cag!!!!!!!!!

So what ?

she probably earns enough money to buy nice stuff.

Or it gets given because its good advertising on TV.

You must really have to try very hard to give a stuff about that sort of thing 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Never mind Songs of Praise, it's Countryfile that hacks me off!’ is closed to new replies.