Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Netflix Lost In Space
  • nickc

Also, the way all the storage containers started sliding around

Really? That sort of stuff winds you up? It’s entertainment, not a documentary…

rOcKeTdOg

Watched the whole series, entertaining stuff. Liking the women as real people rather than attractive air heads thing. Pretty good effort a La battlestar reboot

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Also, the way all the storage containers started sliding around

There is context to that as the story unfolds with flashbacks really but if you have lost the ability to suspend belief by that point your probably out.

smogmonster

On episode 3 – why does a Spaceship need air intakes and air filters??

hols2
    Free Member

On episode 3 – why does a Spaceship need air intakes and air filters??

They’re probably reusing props from Stingray.

Cougar

I can’t imagine there’s much commercial appeal for [a Blake’s 7 reboot]. I can’t see there being a big call for it in the States and most UK broadcasters can’t really afford to do a proper job.

Surely has “A Netflix Original” written all over it?

Caher

Liking it so far but it’s quite astonishing how Toby Stephens now looks like Dr Cox from Scrubs.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Liking it so far but it’s quite astonishing how Toby Stephens now looks like Dr Cox from Scrubs.

Thanks. 🙂 I’d been wondering who he reminded me of.

Drac

Robots with PTSD. 😂

mrchrispy

its bobbins but the kind of bobbins I’ll end up watching and the kids seem to like it.

Pook

For when it’s flying through the air.

woody2000

My “generally scared of his own shadow” 9 yr old is desperate to watch this, is it kid friendly?  Don’t mind the odd bit of bad language, it’s more any huge monster shaped surprises he’d be bothered by 🙂  Ta

Klunk
    Free Member

rv’s in space

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s rated 12 on Netflix I think, some peril, some monsters, some violence and killing, creepy Dr Smith too

Drac

My “generally scared of his own shadow” 9 yr old is desperate to watch this, is it kid friendly?

After seeing Episode two I’d say he’s the perfect target age.

chomp
    Free Member

My two boys (12 & 9) like it.  We’re only 2 episodes in but there’s enough to keep he wife and I entertained so we’ll keep going with it

seosamh77
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

It’s rated 12 on Netflix I think, some peril, some monsters, some violence and killing, creepy Dr Smith too

way too creepy!

</div>

davy-g
    Free Member

I remember the original series from way back in the day when life was in black&white…..LOL … when push comes to shove they are both remakes of “Swiss Family Robinson”…..LOL…

I enjoyed the 1st episode of the new remake  🙂

lambchop
    Free Member

Just finished season 1. IMHO it gets better and better as it goes on.

rone

It’s entertaining, and i like the out of the frying pan and into the fire. I’ve watched a lot of sullen stuff recently.

Neil Marshall a la The Descent at the helm of the first one – doesn’t waste an ounce of screen time.

Executed very well.

akira

Quite enjoying it so far, although the way Dr Smith doesn’t get caught following people or creeping around bugs me a bit.

Drac

Neil Marshall a la The Descent at the helm of the first one – doesn’t waste an ounce of screen time.

He wasted a full hour digging someone out of the ice.

shermer75
    Free Member

it’s quite astonishing how Toby Stephens now looks like Dr Cox from Scrubs

Haha!

rone

He wasted a full hour digging someone out of the ice.

🙂

That wouldn’t be considered waste in my screen writing book. Waste to me would be spending 60 mins on earth setting your characters up.

He did all the ‘character’ stuff at the same time as all the ice, magnesium, robots, ships crashing, surgery etc.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Awful. Characters so poor I had zero investment in them, then kept realising I’d drifted off and was thinking about other things for 10 mins at a time. Not engaging at all.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

6.5/10 – could do better.

FuzzyWuzzy

Only seen the first episode so far, quite liked it (thought the effects were good and liked the robot design), I’m a bit ‘meh’ about the Robinson family so far though but hopefully that improves…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nice end of the series great set up to go forward  worth getting there before making judgement.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

My “generally scared of his own shadow” 9 yr old is desperate to watch this, is it kid friendly?

I would have said he was the target age group. There’s peril and emotional turmoil, a bit of shooting and explosions and the like, but nothing gory (I am only a couple of episodes in). The kids take a lot of the focus which I’d expect would make it especially appealing for someone of a similar age.

scotroutes

I’m on Ep6 and it’s ok. Like the robot, hate the Dr Smith character. She’s just too unbelievable. I assume they all have some tracking device implanted as Dr Smith seems to be able to track Wills movements.

I’m old enough to remember watching the original. I had a crush on Penny. Can’t say the same about the new one 🙂

Drac

Nice end of the series great set up to go forward worth getting there before making judgement.

I’m struggling to. I’m on nights which is prime time for me watching crap so I may make it past 4 but so far it’s just getting worse.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I was told to give it some time as it gets better. I’m on Ep6 and it’s utter tripe. Can’t take any more.

Little Will’s acting aside, he’s quite good. CGI? It comes across as a cheapo production to me.

hols2
    Free Member

My seven-year old daughter thinks it’s ok. Not as good as Charlie and Lola or Lab Rats, but enjoyable.

mrchrispy

“Not as good as Charlie and Lola or Lab Rats, but enjoyable.”

I’m putting money on them using this line on the promo posters

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Netflix Lost In Space’ is closed to new replies.