Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Netflix, can’t log in as free trial expires!
  • bob_summers

Seems fishy. Signed up for the month’s trial (guessing I had to put in my card details but not sure ), not bothered about continuing but yesterday they emailed me saying I have changed my email address and payment plan to premium*. Trial ends Monday. Can’t log in and phone number doesn’t work either. Are they trying to stiff me?

*edit  I haven’t changed anything, only used it once

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sounds like you been hacked.

monkeyboyjc

100% hacked account…..

Did you click a link though an email to login at something?

bob_summers

Does sound that way … Struggling to find a way to contact them other than an apparently American phone number

legend
    Free Member

There’s no such thing as “Netflix Premium” so **** knows what you’ve signed up to. Netflix are on 0800 096 8879

Drac

Use the app to contact them not sure if you need to log in

Junkyard
    Free Member

Includes live chat but not sure of the times

https://help.netflix.com/en/contactus

bob_summers

Can’t get into app or account, and there’s no local phone no. here (Spain) so queuing up for the live help.

bob_summers

Panic over I think, turns out (after much wracking of the old gray matter) I signed up with Paypal so I’ve cancelled the direct debit which should sort it.

legend
    Free Member

If you phone that number you’ll almost certainly speak to someone in the US anyway

kerley
    Free Member

Panic over I think, turns out (after much wracking of the old gray matter) I signed up with Paypal so I’ve cancelled the direct debit which should sort it.

When you stop Netflix you cancel your account when logged in.  Not sure just stopping the payment would do it.

The question I would have is why the email has changed?  I would be making sure that is resolved.

cp

This was the first scam I almost feel for. The email they sent you with the dodeta about email change and premium… Did it have your name on? I.e. dear Bob Summers or did it just day dear customer?

Some of the Netflix scam emails look very legit.

Have you tried logging into Netflix directly via their website rather than through this email?

duncancallum

Occasionally in the fire stick it does that

You need to clear the cache

monkeyboyjc

If you signed up with PayPal payment – do you use the same password? If so I’d change that on PayPal pretty quick…..

P-Jay
    Free Member

Erm… it seems to me that you’ve been scammed by the email, not by someone hacking your Netflix account.

Time to log into all your online accounts starting with your email and change passwords and to something very different to your current one.

Remember its wise never to log into something via a link from an email – always go direct.

bob_summers

This was the first scam I almost feel for. The email they sent you with the dodeta about email change and premium… Did it have your name on? I.e. dear Bob Summers or did it just day dear customer?

Some of the Netflix scam emails look very legit.

Have you tried logging into Netflix directly via their website rather than through this email?

I did smell a scam at first (my name isn’t in the emails) but the links in the email appear legit.  First I knew I was locked out was when I tried to log in via the telly app, which said wrong email.  Looked in my inbox to find confirmations of email change, and premium plan.

I got through on the live chat in the end, they changed my email back and although most of what they said seemed like canned responses, they did say “they” (ie the hackers) wouldn’t be able to use the account any more.

There’s no option to cancel the subscription on their website.  The FAQ says just do it via the “payment partner” which I guess means just stop the payment.

kerley
    Free Member

There’s no option to cancel the subscription on their website.

There should be as that is how I stop mine.  Can’t check where it is in the Account menu as I am not currently subscribed.

Sandwich

You may have fallen foul of the scam mentioned on this month’s Schneier email

bob_summers

It does look like that, Sandwich. Changed all my passwords anyway.

Kerley, I didn’t have the option in My Account via chrome browser, hence looking in the FAQs.  But found it easily in the android app.  Membership cancelled now, thank for the tips.

FuzzyWuzzy

There’s no such thing as “Netflix Premium”

Err, yes there is…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Netflix, can’t log in as free trial expires!’ is closed to new replies.