Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Netbook: Samsung NC10 or something else?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Need to get one. Have seen the NC10 recommended in many places including here, but it's currently an end of line model. The new version N310 seems to my non-computer geek eyes to offer roughly the same performance and shorter battery life for another £70ish.

I want to use the netbook (initially) as a link between a DSLR and an external harddrive, and for some basic photo editing. (PS elements). Will it do that sensibly? After that project is up, it'll get used for more "normal" netbooky stuff, which will involve carting it around on the bike lots, hence the interest in a netbook rather than a proper laptop.

Thanks

Jerome
    Free Member

My girlfriend has an NC10 – seems really good to my non techie brain.
    Free when you spend £40 a month with orange as well..

jimmy
    beanum

A positive review here:
    The Register

geoffj

As I have said on here many times, the NC10 is excellent. Don't pay the extra £70.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I am tempted by this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158934

mrchrispy

ive an NC10 and it being great so far, check out sammynet, they should be able to tell you the diffeences between the NC10 and the newer models.

chewkw
    Free Member

Asus eeePC He (not H or H whatever must be He).

Review here but most give a thumb up. 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member
    jond
    Free Member

As the last few posts have kinda mentioned, look at the Asus equivalents (well, originals I guess) – they'll probably be cheaper, with better battery life – see the review of chewkw's link.

jimmy

This Acer would be my choice

richc
    Free Member

I bought an Acer Aspire one for my girlfriend and its been excellent, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, very good keyboard (much better than some other Netbooks I've seen/tried) and pretty good performance all for £180 quid.

Only downsides are the screen isn't as large as some others, and the battery life isn't great at around 3 1/2 hours.

jond
    Free Member

some more comparative stuff here vs the 1000H (tho' the 1000HE's mebbe the one to go for – compared to the 1000H it's got a different keyboard layout, bigger battery, slightly faster Atom):
    http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=53960

zangolin
    Free Member

Had an NC10 for 10 months. All the stuff you read is true. great battery life, keyboard, well built etc, etc. I upgraded the ram to 2GB (about £20). Should cope with basic photo editing no problem.

Indepth review + test here (you may have seen already?)
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/laptops/review/2008/11/17/Samsung-NC10—10-2in-Netbook/p1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Netbook: Samsung NC10 or something else?’ is closed to new replies.