Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Nespresso and “artisan” compostable pods
  • dmorts

Also I remove the drip tray and have the cup on a set of scales. That’s how I know how much has come out. Easy and again only need to do that once.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

If anyone wants to try the Colonna capsules and doesn’t want to fork out for 40, we sell them in 10s and I can do a little discount for STW members. DM me if you’re interested.

One thing to point out is that they change all the time; the batch we’re getting in on Monday will be different coffees from the ones we had a month ago. It’s also worth mentioning that the rare coffees are significantly better than the foundation and discovery, but you do pay a premium for them.

JP

dmorts

I’ve contacted Colonna via email this morning as I’d like to return the remaining pods I have (3 boxes of 10 Las Laderas compostable pods) as I’ve been unimpressed by them. They are certainly not worth £0.60 a pod.

dmorts

Colonna have refunded the compostable pods and sent me some of their non-compostable Genre range to try. These are much better and actually quite good. The only downside is the capsules are aluminium, but as they are 100% aluminium they can be put into normal household recycling. (I assume you have to clean out the coffee first…?).

With the Colonna Genre capsules the coffee is extracted far slower, and the machine seems to have to work quite hard to output the coffee. This is quite different to the Colonna compostable capsules.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

The only downside is the capsules are aluminium, but as they are 100% aluminium they can be put into normal household recycling. (I assume you have to clean out the coffee first…?).

You need one of these (my friend made me one, works really well)
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:723702

Jakester
    Free Member

You need one of these (my friend made me one, works really well)
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:723702

Not being funny, but isn’t that far more faff than just getting a ‘normal’ espresso machine or Aeropress?

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Not being funny, but isn’t that far more faff than just getting a ‘normal’ espresso machine or Aeropress?

It’s just a dibber (the right shape) to remove the coffee from aluminium nespresso pods so they can be put in the recycling.

It’s less faff than cleaning out a french press.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just bought one of those nessie press things as I don’t have a 3D printer !

And I thought you could save up your pods and then have a theraputic session buy smacking the nessie press with a rubber mallet to recycle your pods.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Nespresso and “artisan” compostable pods’ is closed to new replies.