Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Need some new hex keys? [Bling tool content]
  • thenorthwind

I knew these weren’t going to be cheap, and the sliding bars and extractors look useful, but £110 :-O

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/blog/post/park-tools-sliding-t-handle-wrenches-are-the-epitome-of-workshop-luxury

thepurist

Surely you mean “These hex keys? Why yes, yes the are” 😀

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Does anyone make a cheaper more affordable version of them? I need some new hex and these. T handle type ones look like theyd be awesome for working on the bike

Northwind

Inbus do a similar “stripped hex head bolt outy tool” set which is about £25. I quite like the T handles but that seems to be hte real benefit of these

hatter

Facom, Beta, Pedros, Silca and PB Swiss all do sliding T-handles that are at least as expensive as the Park set, some don’t have the spinners, most of them don’t come with holders and none of them have the stripped bolt remover. With that in mind the pricing on the Parks is on par with what else is out there.

….so I got the Parks, they’re lovely.

Only decent budget option for proper sliding t-handles seems to be Powerbuilt, but whilst they’re cheap in the states by the time you’ve paid shipping and duty to get them here you’re at Park/Beta money anyway.

Marko

I use these:

Hard to fault and the quality is fantastic for £40. Had mine for years and only occasionally resort to slipping  a blade through the hole in the handle for extra grunt.

nicko74

thepurist
    Subscriber

My first thought was exactly this. Or is it just for Rapha??

onewheelgood

null

These hex keys? Why yes, yes they are

£185

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I know the are not T handle but I love this set, they are so much better than the other 3 sets (inc Snap-on) that I have, sometimes the ball end fitting is not the greatest but once you have lessened the bolt a tad then they are just great.

baddddad
    Free Member

In for a penny…

Box of Bling

core

They look lovely, but I prefer a ball on the long end of a P/T handle wrench, better for those odd angles and spinning screws in. The high torque stuff is always on the short end, just used for initial loosening and nipping up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My lawyers will be in touch.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Need some new hex keys? [Bling tool content]’ is closed to new replies.