Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Need more tortoise… Yari rebound “experts” please….
  • PolisherMan

I like my forks rebound quite fast, but with full tortoise they still rebound quicker than they should.

I wondered if they were low on oil so just emptied them out and added 180ml of 5tw. Hasn’t made any difference. There is a difference in speed from fully open to closed, but not the range there should be. Is it worth trying some 7.5 or 10wt oil, or is there likely to be a mechanical/seal issue?

joebristol

How much pressure are you running in the air spring / how many tokens?

My Yari was running with nowhere near full slow rebound, and in hindsight (since upgrading to the debonair spring and charger damper) I was running the damping too slow. It’s much more fun now it’s rebounding faster.

The rebound is quite simple in the motion control, there’s just a plunger linking the bottom bolt (with adjuster) to a piston inside the stanchion. Not sure what could go wrong with it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’d probably strip it out and look at the rebound piston to see if anything looks wrong with it. If I go ‘full tortoise’ with mine it’s far, far slower than anyone would ever want to run it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Also, have you tries using a small allen key to adjust the rebound? If your rebound knob isn’t fully home (if they get dirty they can protrude a bit) you might not be actually adjusting it (but I assume as you’ve gone full tortoise you’ve turned it till it stops).

I’ve got the Lyriks on 2 of my bikes set to almost fully open and they don’t bounce me around – guessing something isn’t right with yout Yari

balfa
    Free Member

I don’t know about Yaris but I used to struggle to get slow enough rebound on my old motion control revelations as the damping oil got older. Took out the rebound damper and inspected it but could never see anything wrong. In the end I assumed it was because I was relatively heavy at 80Kg and needed higher pressures. I swapped out the oil for something with a slightly heavier weight after that and that helped things.

Worth noting that people telling you its different on their forks may just be running their forks at lower pressures!

I do like mine soft – 30% sag

*edit – you ^^ think 80kgs is heavy?????

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need more tortoise… Yari rebound “experts” please….’ is closed to new replies.