Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • NBD: Trek Farley, Thok Gram, Audi E-Tron, Last Cinto V2…
  • Ben_Haworth

… YT Decoy CORE 4, Islabikes Creig.S and Luath.S. They’re all in this week’s New Bike Day round-up.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

NBD: Trek Farley, Thok Gram, Audi E-Tron, Last Cinto V2…

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

willard

I looked down the photos in this and saw alllll the eBikes and their overly fat downtubes and weird bottom brackets and strange angles and got a bit sad at how ugly bikes seem to be. Then at the end, there was the Cinto and, quite frankly, it looks lovely, maybe not just “in comparison…”.

sharkattack

I’d love to take a YT Decoy away for a weekend. All the others are bloody hideous.

IHN

Last make really nice looking bikes, don’t they.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Jeez, reading that press release from Thok makes chewing a brick look easy although it doesn’t make your retinas burn like that Audi e-bike. Christ thats ugly, even for an e-bike thats hideous. On a par with a Pole in making a bit of sick come up.

Then theres the Last. What a wonderful looking thing that is… There are very few new bikes that make me immediately want one but thats one.

tthew

I do like that front rack on the Farley. Maybe not enough to buy the rest of the bike to go with it mind…

desperatebicycle

LBS did demos on those Thok bikes. Man, I felt a bit queasy slinging my leg over something so ugly. But, must say, they were blimmin good ebikes. (didn’t buy one, never intended to 😀 )

stanley

Irrational wanting for one of those Farleys with all the racks and bags. I imagine riding it to Nordkapp in the middle of Winter. Or something.

Would probably just gather dust in reality 😕

Northwind

That Last is gorgeous.

Why did 27.5 become a thing? They originally pitched it as meaning you could have the size of a 4.8 but with a 4.0 tyre. And here it is, with a 4.5 on it.

MrAgreeable

You could buy the front forks and integrated rack for the 1120 separately if you wanted to convert an existing frame – I imagine they’ll offer the same with the Farley. Wasn’t particularly cheap IIRC but a very elegant way of carrying stuff at the front of your bike.

ernie

What would my wife do if she spotted last.gmbh on the credit card statement?

twonks

Looking at the spec of the Audi bike, who’s guessing the cost?

Including Audi tax, I suspect £19.5K

scotroutes

You could buy the front forks and integrated rack for the 1120 separately if you wanted to convert an existing frame – I imagine they’ll offer the same with the Farley.

Yeah, I looked at the 1120 set. I could be tempted.

tom7044

For info if considering the trek fork I just bought an 1120 fork and rack off ebay but struggling a bit with the length due to rack mounts. Trek describe it as suitable for replacing a 100mm fork but at 510mm a-c is about the length of unsagged fork. On my el mariachi it adds about 3cm to height and feels odd to ride. Think it actually might be best on a frame designed around a 130mm fork, still experimenting but might be an expensive buy!

scotroutes

I have 120mm Reba’s on my bikepacking B+ so I reckoned it would work fine for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.