Home Forums Bike Forum NBD shocker pressure issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • NBD shocker pressure issue
  • mrmrhill
    Free Member

Hi. It was NBD (140/150 trail bike) yesterday pickup from LBS who had asked for my weight and said the bike was set up for a rider of that weight, got a piece of paper stating it. Went for a 9 mile xc ride and bottomed out the rear shock. I know I should have checked sag but was giddy and thought it would be set as the manufacturers recommended pressures so would be in the ball park. Got home checked pressure was 1/2 the recommended amount. Basically a long way of asking will I have done anything drastic to the inners of the shock. Cheers

donald
    Free Member

1. No – shocks are designed to bottom out. It won’t be damaged.
    2. The shock may well have been underpressured but was not 1/2 the pressure. Attaching your pump lets air out so you decrease the pressure just by measuring it. It’s not possible to measure a shock’s pressure accurately. It’s only possible to pump it up to the desired pressure.

tall_martin

As above.

Also some shock pumps don’t measure the same as others.

I bought a lezene digital shock pump. It’s precise, repeatable and small but it reads significantly lower than reality.

I still use it but the readings from it are useless for comparing to manufacturer set up charts. Disappointing for a very expensive gadget.

I set up by sag and write the numbers for my shocks down.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.