Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • NBD for Jnr – grin factor 10
  • Kryton57

Well, he was growing out of the 26er anyway and Wiggle had 1/3rd off so…

He’s really pleased with it scaring the living shit out of me on a DH section going faster than I could on my FS, and I am too, a great solid feeling “just right” bike from Vitus with a great fork to boot. https://www.wiggle.com/p/vitus-rapide-29-vr-mountain-bike.

First XC race on it is tomorrow, he reckons he’ll be faster. :). You’ll have to trust me that the pic makes the bike look smaller than it is, its a medium with top size of 5’11 – my height – and he’s 5’7.

Happy days.

Speshpaul

Nice.
    How did the race go?

bikecurious
    Free Member

Is your son Caleb Ewan?

crosshair
    Free Member

Nice one team Kryton 👍🏻 Smart bike that 😎
    Good luck in the race 🏁

weeksy

Sweeeeeet nice dad points

matt_outandabout

Yay!
    Kids on bikes rock…

davy90
    Free Member

He looks like he’s loving it.

My two remain to be converted to enthusiasts, they will ride bikes occasionally and are now big enough to ‘borrow’ mine..

Hope the race went well.

haggis1978

That’s brilliant 😁 Got a Vitus Nucleus 24 stashed in the loft for my soon to be 7 year olds birthday from the CRC sale. Couldn’t resist.

stanley

Excellent stuff. Looks great!!

Kryton57

How did the race go?

Well thanks. He came first albeit courtesy of the usual first place guy not turning up but he’s been second regularly throughout the series. Due to their later start I caught him on my final 1.5 laps which was excellent. I overtook, he stayed with me for a lap across all terrain then fell back on the final climb to the finish for me to finish in front. He is only 14 so he did well. His report on the bike was of faster speed, more comfort and greater stability downhill that the 12yo 26er he was riding, so all good albeit a bit heavier.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.