Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • NBD: Damped Headsets, Timberjacks, Vegan Shoes…
  • Ben_Haworth

… 7Mesh Stash System, Unparalleled shoes, the Stone King Touring Club and a nice wrap-up vid from Nukeproof.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

NBD: Damped Headsets, Timberjacks, Vegan Shoes…

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

5lab

can’t the damped headset be achieved by simply overtightening your current headset? It seems like its just a friction damper..

footflaps

Unparallel are the 5.10 guys who left after the Adidas buy out…

kayak23

The vegan pumps look tasty.

jam-bo

Hopey steering damper!

cookeaa

Is it just me that thinks the name Hellbender makes the product sound far Gnarlier than it really is?

Northwind

<stoned engineers> Hey guys,remember when we invented the clutch mech?” “Yeah, that was so rad…” “Well how about <giggle> a clutch headset?

MrAgreeable

For all the Viscoset sneerers, they’re amazing on Long John type cargo bikes, where the wheel sits way out the front and is impossible to weight unless you’re actually carrying a load in it. In fact I think they’re stock equipment on the Riese Müller cargo bike that was reviewed back in the Lockdown issue of the mag. There are definitely applications for adaptive cycling too.

Not sure I’m 100% behind the rationale for MTB use but I’m very glad someone is developing and manufacturing these products.

robertajobb

Vegan shoes would looked even tastier if they came if bacon flavour. Smoked or unsmoked – the choice is yours.  I go unsmoked. And no sauce – why ruin bacon with red or brown chemically shiiite ?

smeear

anyone else still waiting for foot-shaped shoes?
    🙁

sirromj

anyone else still waiting for foot-shaped shoes?

Oh yes. Those Etnies look terrible for foot shape, look how flat they are at the toe box, barely any height for toes, and in general they are narrow. Currently got some shoe stretchers in a pair of ride concepts increase width, had to remove insole to increase vertical room.

dyna-ti

‘Vegan shoes’

I would think many shoes, trainers and the like are effectively vegan as theyre made from canvas.

But then you dont get to sell them at a premium price.

BigJohn

They’ve got tongues and soles, so not really vegan.

bedmaker

Yeah, foot shaped bike shoes shouldn’t really be an outlandish dream.
    One day maybe…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.