Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Narrow sight line replacement windows reqd
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Our house is converted industrial building that needs replacement windows. The current windows are handmade wood with narrow frames but they are beyond repair and single glazed.

There are 7 windows to replace sized 1240mm wide by 1800high. Ideally I’d fit Crittall steel windows for their small profile frame and industrial look but we don’t have the money for that option.

Been today to look at Raynaers SL38 profile aluminium windows and we were quite disappointed with the combined thickness of the window and frames despite it being their smallest profile.

Seeing as STW knows the answers to everything can anyone recommend a small sightline/thin aluminium profile or a competitively priced thermally broken steel profile?

TIA!

midlifecrashes

Does the window frame have to sit entirely within the reveal? If you could mount them to the exterior or interior face of the wall you could gain quite a lot of light.

duncancallum

Could you cut a rebate into the wall and use thicker frames but loose the frame in the rebate?

Top glass firm is heritage trade in horwich might be worth a shout.

RustyNissanPrairie

No options with rebating – big stone cills and surrounds.

Thanks – will check out heritage

Richie_B

Pretty sure Heritage do a narrow profile window for replacing steel framed windows (I looked into this recently but as the building involved was Grade I listed we had to go for steel frames). Steel frames will do what you are looking for and are made with thermal breaks but they aren’t cheap.

nedrapier

Clement Windows in Haslemere for your thermally broken steel Critall replacement.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Narrow sight line replacement windows reqd’ is closed to new replies.