• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Narrow escape…scumbag
  • brack
    Free Member

Having finished work early…decided to nip to the local leisure centre for a swim / sauna.

Locked the beloved to some cycle bars and was just about to enter the centre…when I noticed a lad ( on a bike) eyeing up my stead.

So I let him know that Id clocked him and he cycled off….

What ensued next was a game of distant staring and standoff…myself visibly staring at him whilst he pathetically attempted to hide behind a tree. OK I thought – go into the centre and then reappear a few minutes later…it worked and he had moved over to the bikes.

By the time I came out and he’d seen me he cycled off.

Alerting the security guards we watched this arrogant sod on cctv…( we were close enough to make a snatch should he go for the bike)…

He cycled past again and was just about to dismount when my thundering steps made him cycle off…

Im in shock!! These scumbags really have no fear do they!?

jonk

Its like a drug to them once they have their eye on somthing they just have to get it! Same thing happened to me but a thief robbed my bike from INSIDE my work place!

Woody
    Free Member

These scumbags really have no fear do they!?

No real deterrent to fear.

A slap across the back of the head with a decent sized chain and padlock might do wonders.

Oxboy
    Free Member

ah but Woody then you would be arrested and do time. Best to let him have your bike nicely in a NULAB non confrontational fashion, theres a good lad.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Wooduv thought the best way to deal with it, is to lock your bike up David Cameron style.

And to think, this man might end up running the country?? 😯

Filthy
    Free Member

You let him escape? 3/10 for effort must try harder next time.

waihiboy
    Free Member

Please don’t use the word STEAD again… 😉

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

No Bombers?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

then you would be arrested and do time. Best to let him have your bike nicely in a NULAB non confrontational fashion

Presumably you are suggesting that the present government has a record of not punishing offenders, which even by STW standards represents a breathtakingly moronic statement 😯

Very few countries in the world have a larger prison population than the UK. In fact the only countries which have are, the US, Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Ukraine, Singapore, Poland, Iran and China, all other countries in the world, including all Western European countries, have smaller prison populations.

Not only that, but under New Labour the UK prison population has gone through the roof, and it is now substantially higher than it ever was under the Tories, making it the largest ever prison population in UK history.

So many people have now been throw into prison since New Labour came to power, that the only thing which is might now restrict any further growth is the complete lack of prision places. From the Prison Service :

New Labour came to power in 1997 btw.

And from 18 months ago :

Rush to find spare cells as prison population spirals to new record

So what exactly do you thing our prisons are full of ffs – innocent victims of crime ?

And to describe New Labour as “non confrontational” when, due to it’s pig-minded determination to be totally confrontational, it is responsible for a completely unnecessary and illegal war in which 100s of thousands of innocent people have died, is quite simply staggering.

Out of interest what paper do you read ?

BTW brack, glad to managed to clock the low-life who had his eye on your bike. And yes – sadly the risk of getting caught has very little effect on them 😐

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a risk of being executed in the States for murder, and that still happens, quite a lot relatively speaking. What makes you think a deterrent works?

People don’t sit there and carefully weigh up gain vs risk when they commit crimes (at least not often). Human beings are much more complicated than that, in fact there’s a whole science dedicated to trying to understand them. It’s called psychology.

coffeeking
    Free Member

People tend to fear immediate pain/recriminations, rather than legal or distant ones, which is why I suspect the death sentence is not really a deterrent, most assume it will never happen to them and just cant link something they do now to a future possibility at the far side of a drawn-out court case. I suspect if criminals knew they’d be beaten to within an inch of their life on the spot I suspect the rate would be lower. Though obviously I have no data to back that up!

As a note on a similar vein, my car was broken into despite the fact that a neighbour was watching. The guys lawyer got him off because the neighbour had moved from inside the house to outside the house and when questioned he had no way to be sure that the person he had seen screwdrivering my doors was the same one he saw 10 seconds later with a dog, screwdriver and the same clothes, because he had lost sight of the person while he moved to his front door it could possibly have been someone else dressed the same, with the same dog.

I mean WTF – the police were livid, blatent law breaking, a witness who went out an aprehended the criminal, and he still gets off. Sometimes I think the legal system is a joke.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Seiously, you should have broken your foot off his ass.

Woody
    Free Member

A man after my own heart GNARGNAR. A nice antidote to some the patronising b@ll@x above.

I always wondered what psychology was 😉

joe1983
    Free Member

Definitely give him a slap – in self defence of course officer

takisawa2

It should be legal to kill bike thieves.
    On the spot.
    With no mercy.
    Dead.

Preferably with a giant bottle of Domestos.
    Like the advert.
    DEAD.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

rubbish, it should only ne legal with a pair of bombers

Speshpaul

As a Shropshire lad i’m proud to see shrewsbury top of the league.
    (i know two PO’s from there and well lets say its not nice, in a you, 3 mates and a bucket to a cell kind of way.)

chakaping
    Free Member

Grizzlygus – But you fail to mention that most of those prison sentences were handed out to speeding drivers and to small businessmen for not employing enough disabled lesbians. 😉

Brack – Well done, you handled it right. Especially with CCTV cameras present.

Olly
    Free Member

they should make them sleep shifts in the prison, like they used to (and possily still do) on subs, if the forces boys and girls can handle it, some scummer bikethieves can put up with it.

lock him to a lamp post with a D lock around the neck.
    MUHA
    glad u didnt loose your “stead”

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Narrow escape…scumbag’ is closed to new replies.